Any Thoughts?

I forgot to add....can someone tell me exactly how the CF genes work? Do the same families carry the same mutation? For example, do 2 siblings have the same mutations? I had posted earlier that my husband's 2 cousins carry the DF508 and R117H mutations. Would my son likely have 1 of these mutations if he did have CF? I'm a little confused on this.

candi81

The CF genes are passed down for generations. It's possible to have any of the mutations in any family. The fact that your husband's family has known mutations makes it a little more likely that these could be the ones, but not necessarily. But you have to remember, a completely different gene/s could run in your family. Hope you get some answers soon!

candi81

The CF genes are passed down for generations. It's possible to have any of the mutations in any family. The fact that your husband's family has known mutations makes it a little more likely that these could be the ones, but not necessarily. But you have to remember, a completely different gene/s could run in your family. Hope you get some answers soon!

candi81

jmom

My daughter's sweat tests were done at Valley Children's Hosptital in Madera, California. Here's the exact quote:
"NOTE: REFERENCE INTERVALS HAVE CHANGED AS OF 3/26/10. It is recommended that all negative sweat chloride results be followed by repeat testing if clinical symptoms of CF persist and no other cause has been determined.

I hope you get some answers. Feel free to private message me or post questions anytime if you have any more, especially when you do the fecal elastase or fecal fat test - I will be interested in your results. Let me know, if you don't mind. It will help me, too. Best wishes to you.

jmom

My daughter's sweat tests were done at Valley Children's Hosptital in Madera, California. Here's the exact quote:
"NOTE: REFERENCE INTERVALS HAVE CHANGED AS OF 3/26/10. It is recommended that all negative sweat chloride results be followed by repeat testing if clinical symptoms of CF persist and no other cause has been determined.

I hope you get some answers. Feel free to private message me or post questions anytime if you have any more, especially when you do the fecal elastase or fecal fat test - I will be interested in your results. Let me know, if you don't mind. It will help me, too. Best wishes to you.

jmom

<br />"NOTE: REFERENCE INTERVALS HAVE CHANGED AS OF 3/26/10. It is recommended that all negative sweat chloride results be followed by repeat testing if clinical symptoms of CF persist and no other cause has been determined.
<br />
<br />I hope you get some answers. Feel free to private message me or post questions anytime if you have any more, especially when you do the fecal elastase or fecal fat test - I will be interested in your results. Let me know, if you don't mind. It will help me, too. Best wishes to you.