Anyone been through IVF

hopeforever601

Need Help Please help me:

I was wondering how I generate a new topic because I am having symptoms that aren't traditionally cf related but might be a common thread in cf women but has not been yet discovered.

About three days ago I was on another listserv for people with cf when a lady wrote in asking if any cf women ever have experience cervical bleeding. I have bled during intercourse since the first time I had ever been sexually active (which was with my husband) .. It has gotten to the point where it has lead us to fertility treatments because no doctor (we have seen 3) can tell me why it is happening. I had my cervix frozen (they tested with a pap smear came out normal, tested for every std came out normal, they even took ultrasounds and everything looks normal other than that I don't ovulate normally)in the hopes that would help and it did for awhile. I know women with cf have irregular cervical mucus but has anyone else out there dealt with this issue during intercourse?

My husband and I will be starting IVF on April 24 and our fertility doctor was wondering if this could be a cf woman thing.. I have already heard from 2 other women with cf who has had the same thing happening to them but was wondering if their were any more out there!

My cf doc thinks it is just a coincidence but I was wondering if this is a silent symptom many women have dealt with and it has never really gotten out in the open.

My fertility doc doesn't think this will hinder a pregnancy but it does have me concerned. It doesn't happen every single time we are intimate but pretty much is very much there at others..

Sorry if this is personal.. I don't know where else to ask!

Kelly

hopeforever601

I was wondering how I generate a new topic because I am having symptoms that aren't traditionally cf related but might be a common thread in cf women but has not been yet discovered.

About three days ago I was on another listserv for people with cf when a lady wrote in asking if any cf women ever have experience cervical bleeding. I have bled during intercourse since the first time I had ever been sexually active (which was with my husband) .. It has gotten to the point where it has lead us to fertility treatments because no doctor (we have seen 3) can tell me why it is happening. I had my cervix frozen (they tested with a pap smear came out normal, tested for every std came out normal, they even took ultrasounds and everything looks normal other than that I don't ovulate normally)in the hopes that would help and it did for awhile. I know women with cf have irregular cervical mucus but has anyone else out there dealt with this issue during intercourse?

My husband and I will be starting IVF on April 24 and our fertility doctor was wondering if this could be a cf woman thing.. I have already heard from 2 other women with cf who has had the same thing happening to them but was wondering if their were any more out there!

My cf doc thinks it is just a coincidence but I was wondering if this is a silent symptom many women have dealt with and it has never really gotten out in the open.

My fertility doc doesn't think this will hinder a pregnancy but it does have me concerned. It doesn't happen every single time we are intimate but pretty much is very much there at others..

Kelly

hopeforever601

Kelly

hopeforever601

Update:

I got my invitro schedule and my meds today in the mail: I am so excited!!! We went through the class yesterday and had the mock transfer yesterday! Here is my schedule:

April 27th (Friday) Start Lupron
May 3 stop birth control pill
May 7 go in for ultrasound to see if suppressed!
May 7 start Follistom
REtrieval Scheduled for week of May 16-21

I am so excited I can't wait! Did everyone who did Invitro also do ICSI?

Kelly

hopeforever601

Update:

I got my invitro schedule and my meds today in the mail: I am so excited!!! We went through the class yesterday and had the mock transfer yesterday! Here is my schedule:

May 7 start Follistom

Kelly

hopeforever601

Update:

May 7 start Follistom

Kelly

julie

Kelly, you may just have a very very sensitive cervix. Can't attest to if it's Cf related or not, but I haven't heard it mentioned all that much specifically related to CF. I DO know of women who DO bleed a bit every sexual encounter, chalked up to a sensitive cervix when all other tests are normal.

ICSI is usually not indicated unless there are sperm swimmer issues. Have you talked to your clinic about Rescue ICSI? Rescue ICSI is having ICSI authorized as a back up if the sperm don't seem to be penetrating your eggs on their own.

Personally, for a CF women where the egg quality/fertilization *usually* isn't an issue, I think that Assisted Hatching is a much more important consideration than ICSI.

Good luck and keep us posted.

julie

Kelly, you may just have a very very sensitive cervix. Can't attest to if it's Cf related or not, but I haven't heard it mentioned all that much specifically related to CF. I DO know of women who DO bleed a bit every sexual encounter, chalked up to a sensitive cervix when all other tests are normal.

ICSI is usually not indicated unless there are sperm swimmer issues. Have you talked to your clinic about Rescue ICSI? Rescue ICSI is having ICSI authorized as a back up if the sperm don't seem to be penetrating your eggs on their own.

Personally, for a CF women where the egg quality/fertilization *usually* isn't an issue, I think that Assisted Hatching is a much more important consideration than ICSI.

julie