Anyone else have a slowww eater?

S

sdelorenzo

It has to be a cf thing. Our daughter cannot seem to swallow her food at dinner. Ten minutes later she still has the same chewed up bite in her mouth. It is driving us crazy lately. It seems to have gotten worse. Could be a control thing, I agree. My son also with cf has no problems swallowing food thankfully!
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

It has to be a cf thing. Our daughter cannot seem to swallow her food at dinner. Ten minutes later she still has the same chewed up bite in her mouth. It is driving us crazy lately. It seems to have gotten worse. Could be a control thing, I agree. My son also with cf has no problems swallowing food thankfully!

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf

hmw

Emily has always been a slow eater as well, despite ALWAYS saying she's hungry and ultimately eating large amounts of food if left to eat at her own pace. She's had times where it's turned into a power struggle as well but usually it's just 'her.'

She routinely brings home half the snack she brings to school because she doesn't finish it in time, and if she doesn't have time to finish lunch at school she will eat continually from the time she gets home from school until bedtime if we let her- but it's only a tiny bit at a time!

So, if she has the choice (and of course she does not *always*, especially when we are out of the house!), she would just graze all day. She was very late to her cf dx; she's 7.5, and not dx'ed until Nov- & doesn't digest well at all- so maybe she was getting stomachaches after just a couple bites. So maybe this will gradually change as we tweak her enzymes and she gets healthier in this regard. My other two don't eat like this at all and I've tried for so long to get her to eat more 'normally' to no avail for years!

hmw

Emily has always been a slow eater as well, despite ALWAYS saying she's hungry and ultimately eating large amounts of food if left to eat at her own pace. She's had times where it's turned into a power struggle as well but usually it's just 'her.'

She routinely brings home half the snack she brings to school because she doesn't finish it in time, and if she doesn't have time to finish lunch at school she will eat continually from the time she gets home from school until bedtime if we let her- but it's only a tiny bit at a time!

So, if she has the choice (and of course she does not *always*, especially when we are out of the house!), she would just graze all day. She was very late to her cf dx; she's 7.5, and not dx'ed until Nov- & doesn't digest well at all- so maybe she was getting stomachaches after just a couple bites. So maybe this will gradually change as we tweak her enzymes and she gets healthier in this regard. My other two don't eat like this at all and I've tried for so long to get her to eat more 'normally' to no avail for years!

hmw

hmw

hmw

<br />
<br />She routinely brings home half the snack she brings to school because she doesn't finish it in time, and if she doesn't have time to finish lunch at school she will eat continually from the time she gets home from school until bedtime if we let her- but it's only a tiny bit at a time!
<br />
<br />So, if she has the choice (and of course she does not *always*, especially when we are out of the house!), she would just graze all day. She was very late to her cf dx; she's 7.5, and not dx'ed until Nov- & doesn't digest well at all- so maybe she was getting stomachaches after just a couple bites. So maybe this will gradually change as we tweak her enzymes and she gets healthier in this regard. My other two don't eat like this at all and I've tried for so long to get her to eat more 'normally' to no avail for years!

Z

zeeannie

Sophie was painfully slow as well. She used to keep it in her cheeks like a hamster too, and to my horror I found a chunk in her cheek the next morning from dinner the night before! She went in cycles; eating fine for a week or two, then eating slow for a week or two..I guess it worked out overall, her weight was fine. Now that she's twelve she still has those cycles but not so pronounced. Now it's eat normally, eat voraciously! I imagine as they get older, their appetite increases and they want to eat. She started eating better around 10 or 11 years old and has steadily improved. When she was younger and it was harder we gave her scandishakes to make up for what we thought she wasn't getting.

Z

zeeannie

Sophie was painfully slow as well. She used to keep it in her cheeks like a hamster too, and to my horror I found a chunk in her cheek the next morning from dinner the night before! She went in cycles; eating fine for a week or two, then eating slow for a week or two..I guess it worked out overall, her weight was fine. Now that she's twelve she still has those cycles but not so pronounced. Now it's eat normally, eat voraciously! I imagine as they get older, their appetite increases and they want to eat. She started eating better around 10 or 11 years old and has steadily improved. When she was younger and it was harder we gave her scandishakes to make up for what we thought she wasn't getting.

Z

zeeannie

Z

zeeannie

Z

zeeannie

Marjolein

I was! I was! Right up until my transplant.

You know what, a very gross story coming now... you are warned.... I used to carry the last bite of my dinner in my mouth for very long! Eeeeewww, thinking back on that!
This was when I was very young though haha.

Right now, post tx, I'm eating much faster. Eating more too. Though still not that much...

Marjolein

You know what, a very gross story coming now... you are warned.... I used to carry the last bite of my dinner in my mouth for very long! Eeeeewww, thinking back on that!

Right now, post tx, I'm eating much faster. Eating more too. Though still not that much...

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

<br />
<br />You know what, a very gross story coming now... you are warned.... I used to carry the last bite of my dinner in my mouth for very long! Eeeeewww, thinking back on that!
<br />This was when I was very young though haha.
<br />
<br />Right now, post tx, I'm eating much faster. Eating more too. Though still not that much...