anyone ever used levofloxacin for a 7 year old?

andyh81

Hello,<br>My 7 year old daughter was just prescribed levofloxacin (pill form) because of PA. She just finished cipro followed by coliston but the levels of PA didn't seem to drop any. We've gotten rid of PA a few different times, last time was after a tune up a couple of years ago.<br><br>She hasn't been in the hospital for a tune up since due to great health, but now that the PA is back our doctor wants to try levofloxacin instead of a tune up. As parents we've checked out levofloxacin and haven't seen much we like about it. It seems to be a pretty scary drug, but almost all I've read is 3-4 years old so we're wondering if anyone <span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;">recently has used it and how it worked for them. <br><br>We are using Tobi for 28 days and then we're supposed to start with the levofloxacin so we are trying to make up our minds weather to try it or tell our doctor to put us in for a normal tune up. <br><br>Any info would be great.<br>thanks<br>

andyh81

Hello,<br>My 7 year old daughter was just prescribed levofloxacin (pill form) because of PA. She just finished cipro followed by coliston but the levels of PA didn't seem to drop any. We've gotten rid of PA a few different times, last time was after a tune up a couple of years ago.<br><br>She hasn't been in the hospital for a tune up since due to great health, but now that the PA is back our doctor wants to try levofloxacin instead of a tune up. As parents we've checked out levofloxacin and haven't seen much we like about it. It seems to be a pretty scary drug, but almost all I've read is 3-4 years old so we're wondering if anyone <span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;">recently has used it and how it worked for them. <br><br>We are using Tobi for 28 days and then we're supposed to start with the levofloxacin so we are trying to make up our minds weather to try it or tell our doctor to put us in for a normal tune up. <br><br>Any info would be great.<br>thanks<br>

angelsmom

Hi -
My daughter is also 7 years old. She has used Levaquin twice for PA. Just finished it about two weeks ago along with Tobi. The reason we used it the first time was because she had an apparent reaction to Cipro (her tongue turned brown!). I am not sure what you have read that makes it scary, is it the tendon rupture as potential side effect? We haven't had any issues using it, but the jury is still out as to whether it has taken care of the PA -- I am doubtful this time around and will know more in two weeks when we go for clinic.

angelsmom

Hi -
My daughter is also 7 years old. She has used Levaquin twice for PA. Just finished it about two weeks ago along with Tobi. The reason we used it the first time was because she had an apparent reaction to Cipro (her tongue turned brown!). I am not sure what you have read that makes it scary, is it the tendon rupture as potential side effect? We haven't had any issues using it, but the jury is still out as to whether it has taken care of the PA -- I am doubtful this time around and will know more in two weeks when we go for clinic.

curecfnow

I also have a 7 yo daughter who has pa achromobacter. She too had a skin reaction to cipro. Her pa is no longer susceptible to tobi. She is now on cayston and also takes levaquin for pa. It has worked very good and she has had no side effects from it. It is used for short time and only when really needed. I hope this helps.

curecfnow

I also have a 7 yo daughter who has pa achromobacter. She too had a skin reaction to cipro. Her pa is no longer susceptible to tobi. She is now on cayston and also takes levaquin for pa. It has worked very good and she has had no side effects from it. It is used for short time and only when really needed. I hope this helps.

kosdancer

I have never used levofloxacin, but it is a relative of Cipro (which is why I've never had it; used to use Cipro but developed an allergy, and we don't want its cousin either). If you have used Cipro successfully I think that levo would be alright, but I think just being vigilant is your best bet. Unfortunately there just aren't many options and you won't know your daughter's individual reaction until after she has had the drug.

kosdancer

I have never used levofloxacin, but it is a relative of Cipro (which is why I've never had it; used to use Cipro but developed an allergy, and we don't want its cousin either). If you have used Cipro successfully I think that levo would be alright, but I think just being vigilant is your best bet. Unfortunately there just aren't many options and you won't know your daughter's individual reaction until after she has had the drug.