anyone familiar w/fecal fat stool sample-GI Docs.ordered it today

AlexsMom

GI Doc.ordered fecal fat and other stool tests-said doing this to address oily/greasy stools- would this help confirm a CF diagnosis?

AlexsMom

GI Doc.ordered fecal fat and other stool tests-said doing this to address oily/greasy stools- would this help confirm a CF diagnosis?

AlexsMom

AlexsMom

AlexsMom

lightNlife

Hi there! I don't recall seeing your name around here before, so I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Lauren. I'm 27 w/CF.

A fecal fat test will show whether the pancrease is secreting enough lipase to break down fats in food. The other stool tests may be looking to see whether there's enough "good" bacteria in the gut. Things like E.Coli and other bugs may get out of control and cause problems, especially if antibiotics have been used recently.

A stool sample alone is not enough to give a definitive diagnosis or CF, but it will help give the doctors more clues and point them in the direction of what they should look for next (if anything. )

I hope it goes well.

lightNlife

Hi there! I don't recall seeing your name around here before, so I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Lauren. I'm 27 w/CF.

A fecal fat test will show whether the pancrease is secreting enough lipase to break down fats in food. The other stool tests may be looking to see whether there's enough "good" bacteria in the gut. Things like E.Coli and other bugs may get out of control and cause problems, especially if antibiotics have been used recently.

A stool sample alone is not enough to give a definitive diagnosis or CF, but it will help give the doctors more clues and point them in the direction of what they should look for next (if anything. )

I hope it goes well.

lightNlife

I hope it goes well.

lightNlife

I hope it goes well.

lightNlife

I hope it goes well.