anyone had chloramphenicol, or Tigecycline(Tygacil)

mac

<P>My 13 y/o was on Tygacil a couple of times - last course was for 11 months for NTM Abcesses - They played around with the dosage as 2x per day caused significant nausea - they backed it down to 1x per day which we gave at night with PHinigaran (sp) and then used Zofran in the morning - THe drug has seemed to work as his cultures have been negative and bronch showed minimal colonies of NTM - He is on maint. with inhaled Amakacin and oral antibiotics as well.</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P></P>

ltlhook

I was on Tygacil for about 6 weeks at one time and other times for 3 weeks (my usual length of IV treatment). It was a tough one on my tummy. I had nausea and all over "blah" feeling from it. It was not my favorite by any means. I believe I was taking it for mycobacterium (MAC) which took longer stents of IV time because shorter times didn't cut it. It is a stubborn bug and likes to hang around for while.

ltlhook

I was on Tygacil for about 6 weeks at one time and other times for 3 weeks (my usual length of IV treatment). It was a tough one on my tummy. I had nausea and all over "blah" feeling from it. It was not my favorite by any means. I believe I was taking it for mycobacterium (MAC) which took longer stents of IV time because shorter times didn't cut it. It is a stubborn bug and likes to hang around for while.

ltlhook