Anyone have contractions early on?

Asexyblond23

Well sat night I woke up a couple of times with this cramping feeling. On sunday it got worse. So I told nick about it and he asked what I thought it was.... I had no idea. I am only 16 weeks so I thought its way to early for contractions but it really does not feel like a blockage. I would have this pain come on every 15 minutes or so and it lasted about 10 seconds. By 4 pm I called the on call nurses at labor and delivery and we went in to get checked out. She said that since I am so early along the contractions were not showing up on the machine but she had no doubting me that I was having contractions. She checked me and my cervix was nice and thick and closed which is great meaning I was not in preterm labor. She said sometimes people will have them thruout, but we had no reason why they started. Did anyone else ever have these?

Asexyblond23

Well sat night I woke up a couple of times with this cramping feeling. On sunday it got worse. So I told nick about it and he asked what I thought it was.... I had no idea. I am only 16 weeks so I thought its way to early for contractions but it really does not feel like a blockage. I would have this pain come on every 15 minutes or so and it lasted about 10 seconds. By 4 pm I called the on call nurses at labor and delivery and we went in to get checked out. She said that since I am so early along the contractions were not showing up on the machine but she had no doubting me that I was having contractions. She checked me and my cervix was nice and thick and closed which is great meaning I was not in preterm labor. She said sometimes people will have them thruout, but we had no reason why they started. Did anyone else ever have these?

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

S

semperfiohana

i never did. i don't think i ever had braxton hicks either. when i went into labor it was over a few days. it was sunday night when i started feeling just miserable. monday i couldn't get comfortable at all and felt crampy, tuesday i had an ob appt and when they checked me at the office i was 3 cm and was told to go about my business. i was in labor and delivery by 7 that evening. wish i could help more!

S

semperfiohana

i never did. i don't think i ever had braxton hicks either. when i went into labor it was over a few days. it was sunday night when i started feeling just miserable. monday i couldn't get comfortable at all and felt crampy, tuesday i had an ob appt and when they checked me at the office i was 3 cm and was told to go about my business. i was in labor and delivery by 7 that evening. wish i could help more!

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

H

hopesiris

Was it a low/heavy pressure on your pelvis or belly contractions that wrap around to your back?

H

hopesiris

Was it a low/heavy pressure on your pelvis or belly contractions that wrap around to your back?

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

K

Keepercjr

I get braxton hicks contrax from about 14 weeks on but they're not painful, just noticeable. I do notice them though. Please make sure you are very hydrated as even slight dehydration can cause contractions. Also I recommend that you take magnesium if you aren't already. Magnesium helps relax muscles and being magnesium deficient can cause contractions. (Most meds we take for CF deplete magnesium from our bodies and we can have a harder time absorbing it - you can become deficient in as little as 3 days). During pregnancy I was taking around 800 mg a day. (the RDA for "normal" people is 400 mg). You need to take it w/ calcium to help it absorb (they help eachother).

Good luck! I LOVED being pregnant even though my asthma gets bad.

K

Keepercjr

I get braxton hicks contrax from about 14 weeks on but they're not painful, just noticeable. I do notice them though. Please make sure you are very hydrated as even slight dehydration can cause contractions. Also I recommend that you take magnesium if you aren't already. Magnesium helps relax muscles and being magnesium deficient can cause contractions. (Most meds we take for CF deplete magnesium from our bodies and we can have a harder time absorbing it - you can become deficient in as little as 3 days). During pregnancy I was taking around 800 mg a day. (the RDA for "normal" people is 400 mg). You need to take it w/ calcium to help it absorb (they help eachother).

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr

<br />
<br />Good luck! I LOVED being pregnant even though my asthma gets bad.