Anyone have details on sharktank.org?

mesler

I'm interested in reading their archives to see what they discuss and how they operate. Interested in knowing something about the trials they've run in the past, specifically, the orally administered BITC tests. I have questions about some of the assumptions made regarding the relationship between MRPs and CFTRs.

For a bit, I was wondering if the regulars on this forum are a bit crazy for not being interested in this? Even if they think it's a scam, they should be interested in debunking it publicly. The seeming lack of interest was just odd to me, glad to see I'm not alone in my enthusiasm.

mesler

I'm interested in reading their archives to see what they discuss and how they operate. Interested in knowing something about the trials they've run in the past, specifically, the orally administered BITC tests. I have questions about some of the assumptions made regarding the relationship between MRPs and CFTRs.

For a bit, I was wondering if the regulars on this forum are a bit crazy for not being interested in this? Even if they think it's a scam, they should be interested in debunking it publicly. The seeming lack of interest was just odd to me, glad to see I'm not alone in my enthusiasm.

mesler

mesler

mesler

<br />
<br />For a bit, I was wondering if the regulars on this forum are a bit crazy for not being interested in this? Even if they think it's a scam, they should be interested in debunking it publicly. The seeming lack of interest was just odd to me, glad to see I'm not alone in my enthusiasm.

cfbites

mesler, I don't get it either. I can say, as someone with this disease, I don't like to get my hopes up to be disappointed. I love sharktank and have learned much there. But I'm cautious about BITC.

My gut tells me that sharktank is going to generate more conversation on this site quite soon. It's already started with this thread.

UC

cfbites

mesler, I don't get it either. I can say, as someone with this disease, I don't like to get my hopes up to be disappointed. I love sharktank and have learned much there. But I'm cautious about BITC.

My gut tells me that sharktank is going to generate more conversation on this site quite soon. It's already started with this thread.

UC

cfbites

UC

cfbites

UC

cfbites

<br />
<br />My gut tells me that sharktank is going to generate more conversation on this site quite soon. It's already started with this thread.
<br />
<br />UC

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
It's not that I'm not interested. When I saw postings about this a few years ago, I tried to find out more information about them, and didn't have much success. Guess it just fell by the wayside, focused my attention on other studies. As with anything regarding CF, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
It's not that I'm not interested. When I saw postings about this a few years ago, I tried to find out more information about them, and didn't have much success. Guess it just fell by the wayside, focused my attention on other studies. As with anything regarding CF, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

angelsmom

I joined sharktank in 2006, shortly after my daughter was diagnosed. I have only lurked there as I am not a science person. Many of the scientific papers and information they post make little sense to me. But, I am finding that Melanie's Blog at sharktank.org is written very clearly and helping me make more sense of it all.

I will say that it is clear from some of Melanie Childers' posts over the years and now her blog, that she is one determined and feisty lady. She hasn't backed down despite the pain of losing her son. I admire her for that.

As a side note, I find it interesting that one of the topics on the agenda for an upcoming Family Night at our clinic is "How to tell when to get excited about research reports in the news." Makes me wonder if Sharktank's work has perked up the ears of some of the clinics/doctors and causing a buzz in their circles.

angelsmom

I joined sharktank in 2006, shortly after my daughter was diagnosed. I have only lurked there as I am not a science person. Many of the scientific papers and information they post make little sense to me. But, I am finding that Melanie's Blog at sharktank.org is written very clearly and helping me make more sense of it all.

I will say that it is clear from some of Melanie Childers' posts over the years and now her blog, that she is one determined and feisty lady. She hasn't backed down despite the pain of losing her son. I admire her for that.

As a side note, I find it interesting that one of the topics on the agenda for an upcoming Family Night at our clinic is "How to tell when to get excited about research reports in the news." Makes me wonder if Sharktank's work has perked up the ears of some of the clinics/doctors and causing a buzz in their circles.

angelsmom

angelsmom

angelsmom

<br />
<br />I will say that it is clear from some of Melanie Childers' posts over the years and now her blog, that she is one determined and feisty lady. She hasn't backed down despite the pain of losing her son. I admire her for that.
<br />
<br />As a side note, I find it interesting that one of the topics on the agenda for an upcoming Family Night at our clinic is "How to tell when to get excited about research reports in the news." Makes me wonder if Sharktank's work has perked up the ears of some of the clinics/doctors and causing a buzz in their circles.
<br />
<br />
<br />