Anyone have MAC bacteria?

MamatoAlexa

I cultured it 5+ years ago. I had a CT scan done and there was a very small possible MAC node in my lung. We did not treat it since it did not seem to be causing any trouble. I never cultured it after that first time. I have had a few CT scans to check on the node and every expert my Dr has had few the scans says they cannot even be sure it is a MAC node. Some do not even see it in the scans.

MamatoAlexa

I cultured it 5+ years ago. I had a CT scan done and there was a very small possible MAC node in my lung. We did not treat it since it did not seem to be causing any trouble. I never cultured it after that first time. I have had a few CT scans to check on the node and every expert my Dr has had few the scans says they cannot even be sure it is a MAC node. Some do not even see it in the scans.

MamatoAlexa

MamatoAlexa

MamatoAlexa

Juliet

I have MAC. Went through trying to eradicate it once... 18 months of Ethambutol, Rifampin and Azithro didn't work. Going to go more aggressive and try again later this fall - with 5 abx. It's what led to my CF DX. Good luck. ~Juliet

Juliet

I have MAC. Went through trying to eradicate it once... 18 months of Ethambutol, Rifampin and Azithro didn't work. Going to go more aggressive and try again later this fall - with 5 abx. It's what led to my CF DX. Good luck. ~Juliet

Juliet

Juliet

Juliet

ej0820

two tick marks for me!

just to add to the poll, here, I cultured Myco. Avium in 2006. this last hospital stay I was SUPER sick and found that I also now culture Myco. Absessus (sp?).

ej0820

two tick marks for me!

just to add to the poll, here, I cultured Myco. Avium in 2006. this last hospital stay I was SUPER sick and found that I also now culture Myco. Absessus (sp?).

ej0820

two tick marks for me!

ej0820

two tick marks for me!

ej0820

two tick marks for me!
<br />
<br />just to add to the poll, here, I cultured Myco. Avium in 2006. this last hospital stay I was SUPER sick and found that I also now culture Myco. Absessus (sp?).
<br />
<br />

donin

My 20 year old son cultured Mycobacterium Abscessus(they first called it Mycobacterium Chelonae - I think it was renamed) a year ago May. It has been a terrible nightmare. He had been very healthy up until this bacteria hit him. He did not even have pseudomonas (homozygous for delta F 508) and had excellent weight. With the Abscessus he dropped 30lbs in a matter of weeks and it took forever for it to be diagnosed. They had him take an HIV test because it is an AIDS-related bacteria. He has been on three IV antibiotics - one of which is amikacin (terrible side effects - vestibular dysfunction and hearing loss). The doc does not think it can be eradicated, just beaten back. They are in touch with the folks in Denver, as an earlier writer commented - that's the mecca. It has been painful, wrenching really.

donin

My 20 year old son cultured Mycobacterium Abscessus(they first called it Mycobacterium Chelonae - I think it was renamed) a year ago May. It has been a terrible nightmare. He had been very healthy up until this bacteria hit him. He did not even have pseudomonas (homozygous for delta F 508) and had excellent weight. With the Abscessus he dropped 30lbs in a matter of weeks and it took forever for it to be diagnosed. They had him take an HIV test because it is an AIDS-related bacteria. He has been on three IV antibiotics - one of which is amikacin (terrible side effects - vestibular dysfunction and hearing loss). The doc does not think it can be eradicated, just beaten back. They are in touch with the folks in Denver, as an earlier writer commented - that's the mecca. It has been painful, wrenching really.

donin

donin

donin