Anyone have problems with Cigna denying a claim for synagis ?

croomabu

Hello everyone,

has anyone had an issue with Cigna denying coverage of synagis ( the antigen for prrotection against RSV ... We have 7 week old and they have refused our appeal despite the huge concern of our peditrician and pulmologist. We are baffled and so frustrated As our pulmologist has cautioned how deadly how RSV is for a CF baby ?? We have an appeal conference call scheduled but I was wondering if anyone has faced a similar problem.

Thanking you in advance for your input !!

croomabu

Hello everyone,

has anyone had an issue with Cigna denying coverage of synagis ( the antigen for prrotection against RSV ... We have 7 week old and they have refused our appeal despite the huge concern of our peditrician and pulmologist. We are baffled and so frustrated As our pulmologist has cautioned how deadly how RSV is for a CF baby ?? We have an appeal conference call scheduled but I was wondering if anyone has faced a similar problem.

croomabu

Hello everyone,

croomabu

Hello everyone,

croomabu

Hello everyone,
<br />
<br />has anyone had an issue with Cigna denying coverage of synagis ( the antigen for prrotection against RSV ... We have 7 week old and they have refused our appeal despite the huge concern of our peditrician and pulmologist. We are baffled and so frustrated As our pulmologist has cautioned how deadly how RSV is for a CF baby ?? We have an appeal conference call scheduled but I was wondering if anyone has faced a similar problem.
<br />
<br />Thanking you in advance for your input !!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
No, but we had problems with Blue Cross Blue Shield. Despite letters from us, the doctors.... We finally had an attorney write a letter and within the hour we were approved.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
No, but we had problems with Blue Cross Blue Shield. Despite letters from us, the doctors.... We finally had an attorney write a letter and within the hour we were approved.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

B

bugsyroscoe

We are on Cigna and our daughter's were covered the first year. The pulmonologist that held the synagis clinics did all the pre-authorizing so I am not sure how they went about it all. Hopefully your appeal conference call will clear it up and you will be approved. Good Luck!

B

bugsyroscoe

We are on Cigna and our daughter's were covered the first year. The pulmonologist that held the synagis clinics did all the pre-authorizing so I am not sure how they went about it all. Hopefully your appeal conference call will clear it up and you will be approved. Good Luck!

B

bugsyroscoe

B

bugsyroscoe

B

bugsyroscoe

kitomd21

Our insurance denied, denied, denied, then denied, then approved the injections! Ultimately, the authorizations coordinator at our daughter's primary care physician's office (not CF center) convinced them to authorize Synagis for 2 years. Has your child's primary care physician made an attempt?

kitomd21

Our insurance denied, denied, denied, then denied, then approved the injections! Ultimately, the authorizations coordinator at our daughter's primary care physician's office (not CF center) convinced them to authorize Synagis for 2 years. Has your child's primary care physician made an attempt?

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21