Anyone have this happen?

stillkicking

I have a medical bed that allows me to raise and lower the head or feet as needed. It also has a vibrating mode for you head or feet or both. You can adjust the frequency, and it has a 30 min automatic shut off. Anyway, last night I woke up, I was sleeping on my stomach and I felt this mild vibration. I thought perhaps my cat had accidentally stepped on the remote and turned on the vibrating functions. So I pushed the buttons and realized that wasn't what was vibrating/shaking the bed. I was fully awake at that point and I realized it was my heart. It was pounding so fast and hard it was actually vibrating the bed. I didn't have my pulse/ox handy, but I would've been interested to see how fast it was beating. Once I was fully awake it started to slow down rapidly to a normal rate. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else could relate. I've had a rapid heart beat during sleep, but never this bad before.

stillkicking

I have a medical bed that allows me to raise and lower the head or feet as needed. It also has a vibrating mode for you head or feet or both. You can adjust the frequency, and it has a 30 min automatic shut off. Anyway, last night I woke up, I was sleeping on my stomach and I felt this mild vibration. I thought perhaps my cat had accidentally stepped on the remote and turned on the vibrating functions. So I pushed the buttons and realized that wasn't what was vibrating/shaking the bed. I was fully awake at that point and I realized it was my heart. It was pounding so fast and hard it was actually vibrating the bed. I didn't have my pulse/ox handy, but I would've been interested to see how fast it was beating. Once I was fully awake it started to slow down rapidly to a normal rate. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else could relate. I've had a rapid heart beat during sleep, but never this bad before.

stillkicking

jenhum

I have had several episodes of scary fast heart rate (230+). I had it once in 2008, twice in 2009, and then in 2010 it started happening on a weekly and eventually daily basis. I was put on a heart monitor, diagnosed with AVNRT, and had a cardiac ablation to take care of it. When my heart was beating that fast, you could actually see my chest vibrating it was so hard- freaky!

If it starts beating that fast again, try bearing down like you are pooping. That usually worked for me, even if it took a minute or so.

jenhum

I have had several episodes of scary fast heart rate (230+). I had it once in 2008, twice in 2009, and then in 2010 it started happening on a weekly and eventually daily basis. I was put on a heart monitor, diagnosed with AVNRT, and had a cardiac ablation to take care of it. When my heart was beating that fast, you could actually see my chest vibrating it was so hard- freaky!

If it starts beating that fast again, try bearing down like you are pooping. That usually worked for me, even if it took a minute or so.

jenhum

<br />
<br />If it starts beating that fast again, try bearing down like you are pooping. That usually worked for me, even if it took a minute or so.

sexxiej

i've had this happen to me ..actually it happens quiet frequently..and it wakes me as well as freaks me out...especially when im sleeping..they've never found anything wrong with my heart..im not sure why it does that..maybe its because when we rest our body relaxes and its harder for us to breath therefore our hearts are over working for oxygen to flow through..

sexxiej

i've had this happen to me ..actually it happens quiet frequently..and it wakes me as well as freaks me out...especially when im sleeping..they've never found anything wrong with my heart..im not sure why it does that..maybe its because when we rest our body relaxes and its harder for us to breath therefore our hearts are over working for oxygen to flow through..

sexxiej

K

Keepercjr

I just wrote another post on this (see mamerths thread about heart troubles). Try bearing down like Jenny said or lying flat on your back and raising your legs in the air. When bearing down you have to bear down HARD and hold it for a few. Bearing down doesn't always work for me but lying flat and raising my legs does.

Tachycardia can be a sign of magnesium deficiency. Look into it.

K

Keepercjr

I just wrote another post on this (see mamerths thread about heart troubles). Try bearing down like Jenny said or lying flat on your back and raising your legs in the air. When bearing down you have to bear down HARD and hold it for a few. Bearing down doesn't always work for me but lying flat and raising my legs does.

Tachycardia can be a sign of magnesium deficiency. Look into it.

K

Keepercjr

<br />
<br />Tachycardia can be a sign of magnesium deficiency. Look into it.