Anyone here with Cystic Fibrosis have pets?

Each post I read makes me think about how much my animals mean to me! I can't imagine having no pets. I have a Russian tortoise (I've had her for 7 years), a rabbit, and a Beagle. The bunny is probably the hardest one on me because I'm actually allergic to rodents lol. I just keep his cage out of my bedroom, keep his cage very clean, and keep him brushed and I have no problems. The dog doesn't affect me at all. Growing up we had millions of animals and the only ones I ever had problems with were cats and birds. I'm VERY allergic to cats, and the dust that birds have on their wings makes it hard for me to breathe.

Each post I read makes me think about how much my animals mean to me! I can't imagine having no pets. I have a Russian tortoise (I've had her for 7 years), a rabbit, and a Beagle. The bunny is probably the hardest one on me because I'm actually allergic to rodents lol. I just keep his cage out of my bedroom, keep his cage very clean, and keep him brushed and I have no problems. The dog doesn't affect me at all. Growing up we had millions of animals and the only ones I ever had problems with were cats and birds. I'm VERY allergic to cats, and the dust that birds have on their wings makes it hard for me to breathe.

M

moxie1

I have two dogs--Heidi and Scooter. Since I have allergies, we opted for miniature schnauzers. They don't shed and I don't have any problems with them.

I'd never want to be without a pet!

M

moxie1

I have two dogs--Heidi and Scooter. Since I have allergies, we opted for miniature schnauzers. They don't shed and I don't have any problems with them.

M

moxie1

M

moxie1

M

moxie1

<br />
<br />I'd never want to be without a pet!

Transplantmommy

I have always had pets my whole life. We lived on a farm when I was younger and we even had two different bulls for pets! Other than that, we have always had some sort of cat or dog and have even had a mouse and a rabbit.

Since I have been on my own, I have had a couple of different dogs. Our last one was a Rottweiler and when I got really sick in 2006 and had to go on oxygen and antibiotics more frequently, were traveling to Cleveland Clinic (6 hours from our house) for the transplant evals, and whatever, we had to give her away. It was so sad because she was such a good dog and we had her for about 5 years. We actually had to have a friend come over and take her while we were gone because we coudln't watch her go, it was too hard.

I am now a year and a half post transplant and we are getting another dog...much smaller though! We are getting a Mini Doberman Pinscher next week!

Transplantmommy

I have always had pets my whole life. We lived on a farm when I was younger and we even had two different bulls for pets! Other than that, we have always had some sort of cat or dog and have even had a mouse and a rabbit.

Since I have been on my own, I have had a couple of different dogs. Our last one was a Rottweiler and when I got really sick in 2006 and had to go on oxygen and antibiotics more frequently, were traveling to Cleveland Clinic (6 hours from our house) for the transplant evals, and whatever, we had to give her away. It was so sad because she was such a good dog and we had her for about 5 years. We actually had to have a friend come over and take her while we were gone because we coudln't watch her go, it was too hard.

I am now a year and a half post transplant and we are getting another dog...much smaller though! We are getting a Mini Doberman Pinscher next week!

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />Since I have been on my own, I have had a couple of different dogs. Our last one was a Rottweiler and when I got really sick in 2006 and had to go on oxygen and antibiotics more frequently, were traveling to Cleveland Clinic (6 hours from our house) for the transplant evals, and whatever, we had to give her away. It was so sad because she was such a good dog and we had her for about 5 years. We actually had to have a friend come over and take her while we were gone because we coudln't watch her go, it was too hard.
<br />
<br />I am now a year and a half post transplant and we are getting another dog...much smaller though! We are getting a Mini Doberman Pinscher next week!

J

Juniper

I have my baby, Oscar a two year old cocker spaniel. He's adaorable even on a day like today when i come home to find he'd chewed my recipe books. Maybe he knew mummy was tired and fancied cooking tea LOL!!

J

Juniper

I have my baby, Oscar a two year old cocker spaniel. He's adaorable even on a day like today when i come home to find he'd chewed my recipe books. Maybe he knew mummy was tired and fancied cooking tea LOL!!

J

Juniper

J

Juniper

J

Juniper