Anyone in Orange County, California?

bet10

We are very new to all of this, but I am need of advice on clinics. I am becoming more and more unhappy with the care my son is receiving at his current clinic - CHOC. The doctor we see is good, when we get to see her and she has been pro-active in her advice. We usually see the nurses and they are nice, but them and the doctor always seem so busy and I always feel rushed and confused. Furthermore, I am increasingly frustrated about the nutritional side of things - knowing how many enzymes, introducing solids etc, the only input I get is he is okay, despite him tripling b/m and eating more and more food.

And to top it all off we rarely have phone calls returned, which is soooooo frustrating especially when the baby has been ill.

So, any advice, ideas on other clinics?
Thanks
-------
Natalie, Mom to Tom w/cf, 7 months DDF508 and Jack 3 no cf

bet10

We are very new to all of this, but I am need of advice on clinics. I am becoming more and more unhappy with the care my son is receiving at his current clinic - CHOC. The doctor we see is good, when we get to see her and she has been pro-active in her advice. We usually see the nurses and they are nice, but them and the doctor always seem so busy and I always feel rushed and confused. Furthermore, I am increasingly frustrated about the nutritional side of things - knowing how many enzymes, introducing solids etc, the only input I get is he is okay, despite him tripling b/m and eating more and more food.

And to top it all off we rarely have phone calls returned, which is soooooo frustrating especially when the baby has been ill.

Thanks
-------

bet10

Thanks
-------

bet10

Thanks
-------

bet10

<br />
<br />And to top it all off we rarely have phone calls returned, which is soooooo frustrating especially when the baby has been ill.
<br />
<br />So, any advice, ideas on other clinics?
<br />Thanks
<br />-------
<br />Natalie, Mom to Tom w/cf, 7 months DDF508 and Jack 3 no cf

deanna

Hi Natalie
I am an adult cystic, now going to usc. But I spent 20 years with CHOC. Really longer, but 20 of it was regular care. I was very happy with some docs,and very unhappy with others. I will not bad mouth anybody, but I had my share of difficulties. I always thought their dietitions were very good, and they seemed to handle that issue very well.
I have been gone from there for 1 1/2 years, so maybe things are a bit different. I would express your thoughts to the docs. Dr. Nickerson is actually a really compassionate dr, and I would think would be really open to listening.
I will say this, you have to be very persistant in your sons care, bug them if you have to. I am not sure where you live, but I think Loma Linda, San Diego, and L.a. are your other options.I know Long Beach has a center, but I am not sure about Peds.
Every clinic is going to have challenges, I have learned that the rough way. They are a very busy clinic, that I know, again, be very vocal about your concerns and frustrations. One thing is they do have good docs. I know they have many, in my mind some better than others.
P.m. me if you would like to.

deanna

Hi Natalie
I am an adult cystic, now going to usc. But I spent 20 years with CHOC. Really longer, but 20 of it was regular care. I was very happy with some docs,and very unhappy with others. I will not bad mouth anybody, but I had my share of difficulties. I always thought their dietitions were very good, and they seemed to handle that issue very well.
I have been gone from there for 1 1/2 years, so maybe things are a bit different. I would express your thoughts to the docs. Dr. Nickerson is actually a really compassionate dr, and I would think would be really open to listening.
I will say this, you have to be very persistant in your sons care, bug them if you have to. I am not sure where you live, but I think Loma Linda, San Diego, and L.a. are your other options.I know Long Beach has a center, but I am not sure about Peds.
Every clinic is going to have challenges, I have learned that the rough way. They are a very busy clinic, that I know, again, be very vocal about your concerns and frustrations. One thing is they do have good docs. I know they have many, in my mind some better than others.

deanna

Hi Natalie

deanna

Hi Natalie

deanna

Hi Natalie
<br /> I am an adult cystic, now going to usc. But I spent 20 years with CHOC. Really longer, but 20 of it was regular care. I was very happy with some docs,and very unhappy with others. I will not bad mouth anybody, but I had my share of difficulties. I always thought their dietitions were very good, and they seemed to handle that issue very well.
<br /> I have been gone from there for 1 1/2 years, so maybe things are a bit different. I would express your thoughts to the docs. Dr. Nickerson is actually a really compassionate dr, and I would think would be really open to listening.
<br /> I will say this, you have to be very persistant in your sons care, bug them if you have to. I am not sure where you live, but I think Loma Linda, San Diego, and L.a. are your other options.I know Long Beach has a center, but I am not sure about Peds.
<br /> Every clinic is going to have challenges, I have learned that the rough way. They are a very busy clinic, that I know, again, be very vocal about your concerns and frustrations. One thing is they do have good docs. I know they have many, in my mind some better than others.
<br /> P.m. me if you would like to.

mommy2diego

I'm from the long beach area...which is close to orange county. We go to miller childrens in long beach. Perhaps you can arrange a consult with them if you are so unhappy at choc. A little further drive for you.... but maybe worth a try. I always get calls returned right away, and for non-urgent questions I can email as well. I have not been anywhere else...but since children's hospital in la lost its accrediation, your closest choices are where you're at, or miller childrens.

mommy2diego

I'm from the long beach area...which is close to orange county. We go to miller childrens in long beach. Perhaps you can arrange a consult with them if you are so unhappy at choc. A little further drive for you.... but maybe worth a try. I always get calls returned right away, and for non-urgent questions I can email as well. I have not been anywhere else...but since children's hospital in la lost its accrediation, your closest choices are where you're at, or miller childrens.

mommy2diego

mommy2diego

mommy2diego

<br />
<br />