anyone know what happened

douglaslang85

I was wondering how many people can say what happened when their pfts or fev 1 levels dropped and they never got them back up...
Wondering what happened if you could share your story...

Was it treatments
was it food
was it doctors
was it a cold
anything...

thanks

douglaslang85

I was wondering how many people can say what happened when their pfts or fev 1 levels dropped and they never got them back up...

Was it treatments
was it food
was it doctors
was it a cold
anything...

thanks

douglaslang85

Was it treatments
was it food
was it doctors
was it a cold
anything...

thanks

douglaslang85

Was it treatments
was it food
was it doctors
was it a cold
anything...

thanks

douglaslang85

Was it treatments
was it food
was it doctors
was it a cold
anything...

thanks

douglaslang85

Was it treatments
was it food
was it doctors
was it a cold
anything...

thanks

NoExcuses

I personally haven't had a huge drop ever, but many things can cause a drop in FEV1.

A cold, allergies, massive hemoptasis (sp?), lung infection (this causes permanent damange to the lungs that cannot be regained), pneumothorax, etc.

NoExcuses

I personally haven't had a huge drop ever, but many things can cause a drop in FEV1.

A cold, allergies, massive hemoptasis (sp?), lung infection (this causes permanent damange to the lungs that cannot be regained), pneumothorax, etc.

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

CowTown

I pretty much know exactly what got me and took me from 78% one year to 36% the next. One nice big fat drop that I've only been able to come back up 10% from.

For me it was a mycobacterium that decided to rear it's head and kick my butt. I had had the bug for 8 years (or so by that time), but it wasn't doing anything to me up until it wanted to. It took a while to determine if my quick dropping FEV1 was due to normal CF progression or something more. Finally I hit 36% we started the heavy duty cocktail list. Lung damage was done, but at least I was able to stop the progression at that point. I've been able to maintain my FEV1s and go up 10% like I mentioned.

That was my story. Mycobacteriums can be very complicated and use very powerful meds to treat. You do'nt want to take those drugs unless you really need to, b/c serious side effects can happen as well. You end up choose one evil over another sometimes. Anyways.....very happy we stopped the little beast in it's tracks.

CowTown

I pretty much know exactly what got me and took me from 78% one year to 36% the next. One nice big fat drop that I've only been able to come back up 10% from.

For me it was a mycobacterium that decided to rear it's head and kick my butt. I had had the bug for 8 years (or so by that time), but it wasn't doing anything to me up until it wanted to. It took a while to determine if my quick dropping FEV1 was due to normal CF progression or something more. Finally I hit 36% we started the heavy duty cocktail list. Lung damage was done, but at least I was able to stop the progression at that point. I've been able to maintain my FEV1s and go up 10% like I mentioned.

That was my story. Mycobacteriums can be very complicated and use very powerful meds to treat. You do'nt want to take those drugs unless you really need to, b/c serious side effects can happen as well. You end up choose one evil over another sometimes. Anyways.....very happy we stopped the little beast in it's tracks.

CowTown

CowTown

CowTown

CowTown

douglaslang85

This might be stupid but do you know how you got Mycobacteriums ( I know its infection in the lungs, but I didnt know if you knew what age or how long before you went to the hospital) Or did it just show up in your culture one day...thanks

douglaslang85

This might be stupid but do you know how you got Mycobacteriums ( I know its infection in the lungs, but I didnt know if you knew what age or how long before you went to the hospital) Or did it just show up in your culture one day...thanks