Anyone using a hand held percusser like the Foredom or Flimm Flighter?

stevehof

Just trying to figure out which hand held percusser to buy. I used to own a Foredom years ago. I have been doing without a percusser for the last 10 years. Exercise and forced coughing seemed to be enough. Not to sure that is working well enough now...I tried the Hill Rom vest for a few weeks and it didn't move anything for me and would have cost a $2k co-pay on Medicare. The Foredom was effective but a bit hard to use by myself.

Oboe

I used the Flimm Fighter growing up. It was kinda hard to use on my own. The handle was only maybe 8-9 inches long, so I couldn't get everywhere on my back comfortably. I guess it's nice if you know where you're junky and want to do some targeted percussion. It also helps that you can do postural drainage while you use it.

This was a good 15 years ago, though. I use a vest nowadays.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
We have the Electro Flo Percussor 5000 by Med Systems. We were able to have a free trial before we purchased it. It is not used everyday (both my daughter and my husband use the vest daily), but it is used when we know there is an specific area we want to target or when we go on trips (so we don't have to pack 2 vest machines). I do have to help them do their back (it does not have a handle), but they do have an accessory belt-type thing that lets you get your back yourself (we don't have it). Over all we feel it does a good job. We call it "Thumper", it is like a mini jack hammer.

http://www.medsystems.com