Anyone with experience getting care in San Francisco?

S

SarahProcter

Hello -

My lovely little baby, Bridget, was recently diagnosed based on the newborn screening. We were referred to the CF center at UCSF. So far I like them fine, but it's early days (we've only been there once so far, for our initial intake - our first "CF Clinic" day is later this week). Everything I read suggests that it's important to get the best care possible. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience getting care in the SF Bay Area? Anyone with positive or negative experiences at UCSF? Anyone who thinks that we'd do better at CPMC or Stanford or someplace else?

All input is most gratefully appreciated.

Thanks!
// Sarah

S

SarahProcter

Hello -

My lovely little baby, Bridget, was recently diagnosed based on the newborn screening. We were referred to the CF center at UCSF. So far I like them fine, but it's early days (we've only been there once so far, for our initial intake - our first "CF Clinic" day is later this week). Everything I read suggests that it's important to get the best care possible. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience getting care in the SF Bay Area? Anyone with positive or negative experiences at UCSF? Anyone who thinks that we'd do better at CPMC or Stanford or someplace else?

Thanks!
// Sarah

S

SarahProcter

Hello -

Thanks!
// Sarah

S

SarahProcter

Hello -

Thanks!
// Sarah

S

SarahProcter

Hello -
<br />
<br />My lovely little baby, Bridget, was recently diagnosed based on the newborn screening. We were referred to the CF center at UCSF. So far I like them fine, but it's early days (we've only been there once so far, for our initial intake - our first "CF Clinic" day is later this week). Everything I read suggests that it's important to get the best care possible. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience getting care in the SF Bay Area? Anyone with positive or negative experiences at UCSF? Anyone who thinks that we'd do better at CPMC or Stanford or someplace else?
<br />
<br />All input is most gratefully appreciated.
<br />
<br />Thanks!
<br />// Sarah

m2ski

Hello,
My son was diagnosed based on the newborn screening in early September. We decided to take him to Stanford, we could not be happier with the care he receives. The team there is simply amazing. Being new to all of this we have a lot of questions, concerns, etc. Stanford is always willing to answer our questions, they respond to our email and phone calls with in a couple hours. We can not say enough good things about them and feel our son is getting the best possible care.

Hope this helps,
Melissa

m2ski

Hello,
My son was diagnosed based on the newborn screening in early September. We decided to take him to Stanford, we could not be happier with the care he receives. The team there is simply amazing. Being new to all of this we have a lot of questions, concerns, etc. Stanford is always willing to answer our questions, they respond to our email and phone calls with in a couple hours. We can not say enough good things about them and feel our son is getting the best possible care.

Hope this helps,
Melissa

m2ski

Hello,

Hope this helps,
Melissa

m2ski

Hello,

Hope this helps,
Melissa

m2ski

Hello,
<br />My son was diagnosed based on the newborn screening in early September. We decided to take him to Stanford, we could not be happier with the care he receives. The team there is simply amazing. Being new to all of this we have a lot of questions, concerns, etc. Stanford is always willing to answer our questions, they respond to our email and phone calls with in a couple hours. We can not say enough good things about them and feel our son is getting the best possible care.
<br />
<br />Hope this helps,
<br />Melissa

S

SarahProcter

Melissa -

Thank you so much for the feedback about Stanford. They're much less convenient for us (we live in the city) but if we get unhappy with the options in SF Stanford is definitely within the range of possible. It's great to hear that you're getting such good care there. Does your boy have any health challenges yet from the CF or just the diagnosis from the screening?

S

SarahProcter

Melissa -

Thank you so much for the feedback about Stanford. They're much less convenient for us (we live in the city) but if we get unhappy with the options in SF Stanford is definitely within the range of possible. It's great to hear that you're getting such good care there. Does your boy have any health challenges yet from the CF or just the diagnosis from the screening?

S

SarahProcter

Melissa -

S

SarahProcter

Melissa -

S

SarahProcter

Melissa -
<br />
<br />Thank you so much for the feedback about Stanford. They're much less convenient for us (we live in the city) but if we get unhappy with the options in SF Stanford is definitely within the range of possible. It's great to hear that you're getting such good care there. Does your boy have any health challenges yet from the CF or just the diagnosis from the screening?
<br />
<br />

m2ski

Hi,
We are lucky right now he does not have any health challenges. Our daily routine is all for prevention.

m2ski

Hi,
We are lucky right now he does not have any health challenges. Our daily routine is all for prevention.

m2ski

Hi,

m2ski

Hi,

m2ski

Hi,
<br />We are lucky right now he does not have any health challenges. Our daily routine is all for prevention.