Anyone with single mutation w/CF symptoms?

Sakem

There is no confirmed data to show that carriers have CF symptoms, but I personally think it is possible to a some extent, more on the asthma spectrum. I would push your doc to explore other diseases...if pancreatic problems are the only issue, and the full panel genetic test was conclusive that there is only one gene, then I think it is something other the CF, and something a GI doc should be able to discover

Sakem

There is no confirmed data to show that carriers have CF symptoms, but I personally think it is possible to a some extent, more on the asthma spectrum. I would push your doc to explore other diseases...if pancreatic problems are the only issue, and the full panel genetic test was conclusive that there is only one gene, then I think it is something other the CF, and something a GI doc should be able to discover

Sakem

Sakem

CFHockeyMom

Carrier symptoms or unidentified second gene (i.e. positive for CF)? Generally speaking, IMHO, I'm beginning to believe less in the former and more in the latter.

CFHockeyMom

Carrier symptoms or unidentified second gene (i.e. positive for CF)? Generally speaking, IMHO, I'm beginning to believe less in the former and more in the latter.

CFHockeyMom

CFHockeyMom

CFHockeyMom

CFHockeyMom

M

Mommafirst

Has your son been tested for celiac's disease? My understanding is that it can mimic the pancreatic component of CF and that enzymes may be necessary.

I have heard many people talk about potential carrier symptoms, although I believe there is no medical research to support it.

M

Mommafirst

Has your son been tested for celiac's disease? My understanding is that it can mimic the pancreatic component of CF and that enzymes may be necessary.

I have heard many people talk about potential carrier symptoms, although I believe there is no medical research to support it.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

Alyssa

I'm fairly certain I have seen a documented medical study showing carrier sinus symptoms in those with a single delta F 508 gene.

Don't think I kept the link ... so I can't really put my money where my mouth is at the moment.

Alyssa

I'm fairly certain I have seen a documented medical study showing carrier sinus symptoms in those with a single delta F 508 gene.

Don't think I kept the link ... so I can't really put my money where my mouth is at the moment.

Alyssa

Alyssa