appetite stimulant

stressed

we had no luck with periactin in the past for my daughter , but now take megace and have gained about 20 lb. in 2 months , this is the best she has looked in years.

booboolita

Megace...that is a new drug I had not heard about. My son (now 4) was prescribed periactin and it really had no appetite stimulant effect on him. I was reading up on Megace and it seems to be given to AIDS patients with weight loss. Did you give it to your daughter ? How old was she when you stated giving it to her and what was her weight. ? I am looking for a solution to lack of appetite. Please advise. thanks.

booboolita

Megace...that is a new drug I had not heard about. My son (now 4) was prescribed periactin and it really had no appetite stimulant effect on him. I was reading up on Megace and it seems to be given to AIDS patients with weight loss. Did you give it to your daughter ? How old was she when you stated giving it to her and what was her weight. ? I am looking for a solution to lack of appetite. Please advise. thanks.

booboolita

booboolita

booboolita

jpetersen

Megase - I'm on it, and it really works. I take 1Tbs twice a day and follow it down with a swig of soda or whatever. Basically it does one of two things during the day:
1- Ravenous appetite.
2- I don't get the signal from my brain that I'm full and I end up eating until it hurts.

jpetersen

Megase - I'm on it, and it really works. I take 1Tbs twice a day and follow it down with a swig of soda or whatever. Basically it does one of two things during the day:
1- Ravenous appetite.
2- I don't get the signal from my brain that I'm full and I end up eating until it hurts.

jpetersen

1- Ravenous appetite.

jpetersen

1- Ravenous appetite.

jpetersen

<br /> 1- Ravenous appetite.
<br /> 2- I don't get the signal from my brain that I'm full and I end up eating until it hurts.

iwantmypup

I'm currently on it. I take 5 times a week, 1 tab a day, and at night (I get drowsy).
I really think it helps!
But I think that especially since the appetite is a side effect, it wouldn't help everyone.
I hope it works for your son!

iwantmypup

I'm currently on it. I take 5 times a week, 1 tab a day, and at night (I get drowsy).
I really think it helps!
But I think that especially since the appetite is a side effect, it wouldn't help everyone.

iwantmypup

I really think it helps!

iwantmypup

I really think it helps!

iwantmypup

<br />I really think it helps!
<br />But I think that especially since the appetite is a side effect, it wouldn't help everyone.
<br />I hope it works for your son!

Stillgoing

My daughter was on periactin twice. The first time it made her very drowsy. The doctor said that the drowsiness would go away after a few days and he was right. It worked well to increase her appetite too - she gained 2 pounds the first week.

The next time it didn't work at all. It didn't make her drowsy. It didn't stimulate her appetite. It was just one more pill to take.

We tried Resource and the Boost chocolate drinks but to no avail. She just doesn't like them.

Now I just make meals that I know she will like. It is contrary to my philosophy that kids should eat/try what the rest of us eat, but the consequences for her are too scary.

Best of luck,
mom of two - daughter, age 8, DD508, and a son, age 9, no CF

Stillgoing

My daughter was on periactin twice. The first time it made her very drowsy. The doctor said that the drowsiness would go away after a few days and he was right. It worked well to increase her appetite too - she gained 2 pounds the first week.

The next time it didn't work at all. It didn't make her drowsy. It didn't stimulate her appetite. It was just one more pill to take.

We tried Resource and the Boost chocolate drinks but to no avail. She just doesn't like them.

Now I just make meals that I know she will like. It is contrary to my philosophy that kids should eat/try what the rest of us eat, but the consequences for her are too scary.

Best of luck,

Stillgoing

Best of luck,

Stillgoing

Best of luck,