Arthritus

Solo

I'm pretty certain I have arthritus. I understand its pretty common in CF, so I guess I pulled the short straw and got yet another ailment. My joints often ache, and about every other month or so my wrist hurts where I must wear a carpall tunnel sleeve, as I can't lift with it. So my question is how do you go about treating it? I have taken about 400mg of Iubrofen, but it reads on the back that you shouldn't take it for more then 10 days, what then?

Solo

I'm pretty certain I have arthritus. I understand its pretty common in CF, so I guess I pulled the short straw and got yet another ailment. My joints often ache, and about every other month or so my wrist hurts where I must wear a carpall tunnel sleeve, as I can't lift with it. So my question is how do you go about treating it? I have taken about 400mg of Iubrofen, but it reads on the back that you shouldn't take it for more then 10 days, what then?

Solo

Solo

Solo

mamerth

I treat mine with a heating pad, massage and rest and a hot shower pointed directly at the source of pain . Only occasionally do I resort to an OTC pain med (Advil, Tylenol).

mamerth

I treat mine with a heating pad, massage and rest and a hot shower pointed directly at the source of pain . Only occasionally do I resort to an OTC pain med (Advil, Tylenol).

mamerth

mamerth

mamerth

Solo

Yes, precisely. But alot of times I get flare-ups while I'm working, so a hot shower, heating pad, or massage is out of the question. I hate taking anything the government wants me to take, but I really have no choice but to be a slave to the pharmaceutical industry.

Solo

Yes, precisely. But alot of times I get flare-ups while I'm working, so a hot shower, heating pad, or massage is out of the question. I hate taking anything the government wants me to take, but I really have no choice but to be a slave to the pharmaceutical industry.

Solo

Solo

Solo

thefrogprincess

Heat helps a lot. If your joints get cold they get stiff. You can also see a rhuematologist who can suggest some other treatment meathods.

One word of caution though: get some tests run to make sure it really is arthritis. For years everyone assumed that's what I had because it IS common for adult CFers. When it got worse about 9 months ago I saw a rhuematologist who ran a bumch of tests and took xrays. It all came back normal. If I really do have arthritis then something on the tests should have showed it. Now I am going through a process of elimination to find out what is going on.

thefrogprincess

Heat helps a lot. If your joints get cold they get stiff. You can also see a rhuematologist who can suggest some other treatment meathods.

One word of caution though: get some tests run to make sure it really is arthritis. For years everyone assumed that's what I had because it IS common for adult CFers. When it got worse about 9 months ago I saw a rhuematologist who ran a bumch of tests and took xrays. It all came back normal. If I really do have arthritis then something on the tests should have showed it. Now I am going through a process of elimination to find out what is going on.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

<br />
<br />One word of caution though: get some tests run to make sure it really is arthritis. For years everyone assumed that's what I had because it IS common for adult CFers. When it got worse about 9 months ago I saw a rhuematologist who ran a bumch of tests and took xrays. It all came back normal. If I really do have arthritis then something on the tests should have showed it. Now I am going through a process of elimination to find out what is going on.