ASAP...Please....mickey button feeding tube and other!

anonymous

Girl with CF and Diabetes.... Has Button and Port... My button makes me mad when I go swimming because People like to stare and the doctors told me that I had to wear waterproof bandaids in the pool, and those always came right back up as soon as I went into the pool... p.s. it's a pain and the doctor's told me that after the surgery ,but I think what the doctors really meant was that if any chemicals got into it like if my button opened that was bad.. so now instead of the messed up waterproof I just keep an eye on my button and make sure it doesn't open thanks and bye!

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>LiL1FiGhTiN4LiFe</b></i>

WHATS A MICKEY TUBE????</end quote></div>

When you first have surgery, a 12' tube is placed in the hole until it heals. Then a button is snapped in the end so it flat on your tummy.

I have had a gtube for almost 10 years now. I have a bar gtube now but when i first got it I had a mickey . It kinda sucks because if you don't keep it out of the way sometimes it can get stuck on your belt loop which hurts when you go to get up and it pulls on it. Mine leaks some but not all the time. But as someone said earlier try and avoid white shirts because its like you gtubes knows when you wear a white shirt because it always leaks. Mine sticks out about a 1/2 in if that except when i have eaten a lot then it sticks out farther. I have had the same gtube since I was 4 and my doctors thinks that is amazing that it has dissenigrated they wanted to change it a few years back but it still works perfectly. But if you have a lot of problems with irration let you dog lick you gtube I know that sounds really gross and all but it works really well because of all the enzymes they have in their slavia. I told me doctor that and he was a little bit grossed out but he said whatever worrks and my site has never had any problems.

anonymous

I am 17 and I have had a button for a few years now. No one has really noticed it.
Has a matter of fact many of my friends didn't know I had Cf up until recently. My bestfriend is a guy and I told him about it first, then he made me confortable enough to tell my other friends. I only told him about my cf because when we were chilling one day in my room and he asked me what the machine was for so I told him and then I told him about the feeding tube. I showed it to him for the first time just recently and he thought it was the coolest thing. If your boyfriend truly understands you he will understand and be there for you when you tell him about your cf and your feeding tube. Good luck!