attending a CFers

JustDucky

I have been to one fellow CF'ers funeral and it was very difficult, I had known her for years through work and through the local gym we both worked out in when I was still able to, but ironically, did not know she had CF until I joined this forum and found her here...from there we became very close again and it went on for a couple of years and then she passed on unexpectedly. Hearing about her death was a drop kick to my heart. Going to her funeral was a no brainer, but I knew it would be hard. I had just gotten out of the hospital myself, was still on IV's and felt terrible, but still went to say my last good byes. I never cried so much in my life...but never regretted going. Her husband was really glad I was there, he knew Mary and I were good friends and that we leaned on each other when it seemed the world did not understand. We all just hugged each other and talked about her, remembered her and just cried.
Afterwards, I felt like my soul was sand blasted, just raw but it got better over time. I missed our nightly chats and telephone calls, I damned this disease over and over again because we weren't able to meet up and have lunch when she was alive due to the bugs we were growing and because CF took her just when she was being evaluated for new lungs. I missed her terribly, she was probably the only other person in my small community that had CF that I knew of. It has been nearly 2 years since her passing, and I still miss her but I just try to remember her as she was, a spunky woman who had an infectious smile and laugh to match.

I would go Skye, sitting in the back should be okay.I donated in Mary's name to the CFF as well, I think it would be a nice thing to do. Sending hugs to you, I know this is a tough time for you

JustDucky

I have been to one fellow CF'ers funeral and it was very difficult, I had known her for years through work and through the local gym we both worked out in when I was still able to, but ironically, did not know she had CF until I joined this forum and found her here...from there we became very close again and it went on for a couple of years and then she passed on unexpectedly. Hearing about her death was a drop kick to my heart. Going to her funeral was a no brainer, but I knew it would be hard. I had just gotten out of the hospital myself, was still on IV's and felt terrible, but still went to say my last good byes. I never cried so much in my life...but never regretted going. Her husband was really glad I was there, he knew Mary and I were good friends and that we leaned on each other when it seemed the world did not understand. We all just hugged each other and talked about her, remembered her and just cried.
Afterwards, I felt like my soul was sand blasted, just raw but it got better over time. I missed our nightly chats and telephone calls, I damned this disease over and over again because we weren't able to meet up and have lunch when she was alive due to the bugs we were growing and because CF took her just when she was being evaluated for new lungs. I missed her terribly, she was probably the only other person in my small community that had CF that I knew of. It has been nearly 2 years since her passing, and I still miss her but I just try to remember her as she was, a spunky woman who had an infectious smile and laugh to match.

I would go Skye, sitting in the back should be okay.I donated in Mary's name to the CFF as well, I think it would be a nice thing to do. Sending hugs to you, I know this is a tough time for you

JustDucky

JustDucky

JustDucky

<br />Afterwards, I felt like my soul was sand blasted, just raw but it got better over time. I missed our nightly chats and telephone calls, I damned this disease over and over again because we weren't able to meet up and have lunch when she was alive due to the bugs we were growing and because CF took her just when she was being evaluated for new lungs. I missed her terribly, she was probably the only other person in my small community that had CF that I knew of. It has been nearly 2 years since her passing, and I still miss her but I just try to remember her as she was, a spunky woman who had an infectious smile and laugh to match.
<br />
<br />I would go Skye, sitting in the back should be okay.I donated in Mary's name to the CFF as well, I think it would be a nice thing to do. Sending hugs to you, I know this is a tough time for you

Giggles

I have been to another CF'rs funeral and it really was just like any other funeral but yeah it does hit home obviously. I think you just need to do what is best for you and your emotional state. You can pay your respects a number of ways. Go there after the funeral, go there when you are ready etc. Good luck but I do not think there is any right or wrong answer. You do what you feel is best for you and nobody can judge that.

Jennifer 38 with CF and CFRD

Giggles

I have been to another CF'rs funeral and it really was just like any other funeral but yeah it does hit home obviously. I think you just need to do what is best for you and your emotional state. You can pay your respects a number of ways. Go there after the funeral, go there when you are ready etc. Good luck but I do not think there is any right or wrong answer. You do what you feel is best for you and nobody can judge that.

Giggles

Giggles

Giggles

<br />
<br />Jennifer 38 with CF and CFRD

Skye

Thank you all for the suggestions and words of wisdom. We ended up going to a viewing that was before the mass. So we had a chance to give our condolences to the family and just be there without staying too long. Then they had a candlelight service at her university that evening that we attended. It was outside and in the open. I am glad we went. It was difficult; but, I am glad to have said goodbye to her. They did a news story on her that evening and the family set up a fund for the GreatStrides Walk coming up.

Skye

Thank you all for the suggestions and words of wisdom. We ended up going to a viewing that was before the mass. So we had a chance to give our condolences to the family and just be there without staying too long. Then they had a candlelight service at her university that evening that we attended. It was outside and in the open. I am glad we went. It was difficult; but, I am glad to have said goodbye to her. They did a news story on her that evening and the family set up a fund for the GreatStrides Walk coming up.

Skye

Skye

Skye