Avoid swimming pools/ponds in yard??

kitomd21

Has anyone been advised to avoid swimming pools or waterfalls/ponds in their yard? We are landscaping our backyard and had planned to install a waterfall feature, but I'm concerned this may breed pseudomonas...thoughts?

kitomd21

Has anyone been advised to avoid swimming pools or waterfalls/ponds in their yard? We are landscaping our backyard and had planned to install a waterfall feature, but I'm concerned this may breed pseudomonas...thoughts?

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

JennyCoulon

We were told that it can grow anywhere this is water sitting. We lived in a house in the country with a creek and my boys are very healthy. It is hard to tell if it would be the same for you but I would maybe check with pulmonary docs. Hope this helps.

JennyCoulon

We were told that it can grow anywhere this is water sitting. We lived in a house in the country with a creek and my boys are very healthy. It is hard to tell if it would be the same for you but I would maybe check with pulmonary docs. Hope this helps.

JennyCoulon

JennyCoulon

JennyCoulon

mjflowergirl

Do you have any way to regulate or add chlorine to the water? I was told at my last visit that swimming pools, for the most part, are safe because they are treated with chlorine which kills the harmful bacteria. I wouldn't suggest allowing your child to drink the pool water (mine likes to try)... but I would think that untreated water or pond water would hold a much higher risk of contamination. Can you put a fence or some kind of security around the water to prevent little ones from getting in it?

mjflowergirl

Do you have any way to regulate or add chlorine to the water? I was told at my last visit that swimming pools, for the most part, are safe because they are treated with chlorine which kills the harmful bacteria. I wouldn't suggest allowing your child to drink the pool water (mine likes to try)... but I would think that untreated water or pond water would hold a much higher risk of contamination. Can you put a fence or some kind of security around the water to prevent little ones from getting in it?

mjflowergirl

mjflowergirl

mjflowergirl

mbrandazzo

Hi Katie,

Our CF Team told me that it is better to have our son swim in a pool than a lake/pond... They said avoid swimming in places that have standing water. The pool is fine because it is treated, and anywhere where there is a strong current is better than a place that has no current or waves. We had the same question, so I hope that helps!

Megan, Mommy of Logan w/cf

mbrandazzo

Hi Katie,

Our CF Team told me that it is better to have our son swim in a pool than a lake/pond... They said avoid swimming in places that have standing water. The pool is fine because it is treated, and anywhere where there is a strong current is better than a place that has no current or waves. We had the same question, so I hope that helps!

mbrandazzo

Hi Katie,

mbrandazzo

Hi Katie,

mbrandazzo

Hi Katie,
<br />
<br />Our CF Team told me that it is better to have our son swim in a pool than a lake/pond... They said avoid swimming in places that have standing water. The pool is fine because it is treated, and anywhere where there is a strong current is better than a place that has no current or waves. We had the same question, so I hope that helps!
<br />
<br />Megan, Mommy of Logan w/cf