azithromycin for little ones

creation301

Just had a few questions about azithromycin. We had a disapointing and sad appointment today the chest xray's showed some thickening in the lung wall. Then the pft's showed some obstruction (however child is very young so the pft's aren't super reliable yet, but still). Hate hearing that stuff. I know that it is the nature of this terrible disease, but...it still stinks!! The doctor increased our treatments to 3 a day but also added azithromycin 3 times a day. How many of you are on azithromycin? I know that she is very young, but just curious.

To top it off the little precious one asked me on the way home how old I would be when she was 14, I said 45? Then she said how old will you be when I am 45, my only answer through hidden tears was, "Happy!"

creation301

Just had a few questions about azithromycin. We had a disapointing and sad appointment today the chest xray's showed some thickening in the lung wall. Then the pft's showed some obstruction (however child is very young so the pft's aren't super reliable yet, but still). Hate hearing that stuff. I know that it is the nature of this terrible disease, but...it still stinks!! The doctor increased our treatments to 3 a day but also added azithromycin 3 times a day. How many of you are on azithromycin? I know that she is very young, but just curious.

To top it off the little precious one asked me on the way home how old I would be when she was 14, I said 45? Then she said how old will you be when I am 45, my only answer through hidden tears was, "Happy!"

creation301

creation301

creation301

<br />
<br />To top it off the little precious one asked me on the way home how old I would be when she was 14, I said 45? Then she said how old will you be when I am 45, my only answer through hidden tears was, "Happy!"

ktsmom

Awww, I know that it tugs at a parent's heart when our "babies" ask us questions like that. You had a great answer.

I think you mean azithromycin 3 times a <i>week</i>. Our daughter is also on zithro M/W/F and it is used in CF as an anti-inflammatory. Think of it as just one more weapon to use, but I understand the initial disappoinment at having anything more added. Hang in there!

ktsmom

Awww, I know that it tugs at a parent's heart when our "babies" ask us questions like that. You had a great answer.

I think you mean azithromycin 3 times a <i>week</i>. Our daughter is also on zithro M/W/F and it is used in CF as an anti-inflammatory. Think of it as just one more weapon to use, but I understand the initial disappoinment at having anything more added. Hang in there!

ktsmom

ktsmom

ktsmom

<br />
<br />I think you mean azithromycin 3 times a <i>week</i>. Our daughter is also on zithro M/W/F and it is used in CF as an anti-inflammatory. Think of it as just one more weapon to use, but I understand the initial disappoinment at having anything more added. Hang in there!

M

mneville

When our son was 3, we also had a CT with increased wall thickening. I was so upset. We started the Zithromax M/W/F as well when Aidan was only 3. It is easy and has kept his health stable with no side effects. Aidan's doc was hesitant about it b/c Aidan had never cultured PA but we did it anyway. Still, no PA culture. Good luck.

Megan

M

mneville

When our son was 3, we also had a CT with increased wall thickening. I was so upset. We started the Zithromax M/W/F as well when Aidan was only 3. It is easy and has kept his health stable with no side effects. Aidan's doc was hesitant about it b/c Aidan had never cultured PA but we did it anyway. Still, no PA culture. Good luck.

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

<br />
<br />Megan

petnurse

My son is 6 months old and has been on azithronycin twice for upper resp infections. They were mild. The drug is very safe, but I don't know how effective for those types of issues.

petnurse

My son is 6 months old and has been on azithronycin twice for upper resp infections. They were mild. The drug is very safe, but I don't know how effective for those types of issues.

petnurse

petnurse

petnurse