Azithromycin

jenspoon

My daughter was prescribed a daily dose of Azithromycin 500mg following an exacerbation about 18 months ago. I have recently requested that she go down to Mon, Wed and Fri dose.

I am wanting her to stay on Azithromycin as the anti inflammatory benefits are well documented but since we are looking at long term use I thought the three times weekly dose would be less stressful on her liver, kidneys etc.

Just wanting to know if those of you who are on Azithromycin have any information as to the pros and cons of daily -v- every other day dosage.

jenspoon

My daughter was prescribed a daily dose of Azithromycin 500mg following an exacerbation about 18 months ago. I have recently requested that she go down to Mon, Wed and Fri dose.

I am wanting her to stay on Azithromycin as the anti inflammatory benefits are well documented but since we are looking at long term use I thought the three times weekly dose would be less stressful on her liver, kidneys etc.

Just wanting to know if those of you who are on Azithromycin have any information as to the pros and cons of daily -v- every other day dosage.

jenspoon

<br />
<br />I am wanting her to stay on Azithromycin as the anti inflammatory benefits are well documented but since we are looking at long term use I thought the three times weekly dose would be less stressful on her liver, kidneys etc.
<br />
<br />Just wanting to know if those of you who are on Azithromycin have any information as to the pros and cons of daily -v- every other day dosage.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
When DS was a baby he was exposed to whooping cough and was put on a z-pack -- so daily dose. When he was put on it at 2 1/2 for anti-inflammatory purposes, he was on 200 mg daily as a suspension. Then when he was able to swallow pills he was put on one 250 mg tablet every other day.

We were warned he could have stomach upset; however, he's had no issues with it whatsoever. He's 7 1/2.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
When DS was a baby he was exposed to whooping cough and was put on a z-pack -- so daily dose. When he was put on it at 2 1/2 for anti-inflammatory purposes, he was on 200 mg daily as a suspension. Then when he was able to swallow pills he was put on one 250 mg tablet every other day.

We were warned he could have stomach upset; however, he's had no issues with it whatsoever. He's 7 1/2.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />We were warned he could have stomach upset; however, he's had no issues with it whatsoever. He's 7 1/2.

hockeykid

I was always told that taking zithromax 3 times a week as opposed to to every day had to do with building up a resistance to the medication. I am sure if this is really true or not. My old clinic told me this.

hockeykid

I was always told that taking zithromax 3 times a week as opposed to to every day had to do with building up a resistance to the medication. I am sure if this is really true or not. My old clinic told me this.

hockeykid