AZITHROMYCIN

MOME2RT

Reece is suppose to start taking this today. I was reading the info that comes with it & says NOT to take 1 hour before or 2 hours after aluminum or magnesium-containing antacids. My question is does that mean Prevacid? I put in a call to his nurse, but they said she may not call back until tomorrow moring. I figured someone would know on here. Thanks. In the meantime Im gonna look up Prevacid.

MOME2RT

Reece is suppose to start taking this today. I was reading the info that comes with it & says NOT to take 1 hour before or 2 hours after aluminum or magnesium-containing antacids. My question is does that mean Prevacid? I put in a call to his nurse, but they said she may not call back until tomorrow moring. I figured someone would know on here. Thanks. In the meantime Im gonna look up Prevacid.

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

fourkidsmom

WOW-- I have never heard of this and I give to my 6 yr old every mon,wed and fri with all his other meds--which one is prevacid. I will be interested in seeing what they say. Also he has had this medicine in the hospital several times and they give it with all his other meds as well. Interesting. My 6 yr old has been on it for over 2 yrs now.

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

WOW-- I have never heard of this and I give to my 6 yr old every mon,wed and fri with all his other meds--which one is prevacid. I will be interested in seeing what they say. Also he has had this medicine in the hospital several times and they give it with all his other meds as well. Interesting. My 6 yr old has been on it for over 2 yrs now.

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Give your pharmacist a call. This weekend my MIL, who has been on thyroid meds since the beginning of time asked her pharmacist (a relative) about the new label on her meds indicating she not take it within 4 hours of any other meds -- she has always taken all her meds before bed. He indicated that every Friday, his pharmacy gets info from the FDA and in this instance, she wasn't to take it with her vitamin supplement -- specifically calcium because it could limit the absorption of her meds.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Give your pharmacist a call. This weekend my MIL, who has been on thyroid meds since the beginning of time asked her pharmacist (a relative) about the new label on her meds indicating she not take it within 4 hours of any other meds -- she has always taken all her meds before bed. He indicated that every Friday, his pharmacy gets info from the FDA and in this instance, she wasn't to take it with her vitamin supplement -- specifically calcium because it could limit the absorption of her meds.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

MOME2RT

Okay, I just got off the phone with my pharmacist. He said it was OKAY to take the Prevacid with Zithromax. Thanks for the reminder, I sometimes forget I can them...hehehe

MOME2RT

Okay, I just got off the phone with my pharmacist. He said it was OKAY to take the Prevacid with Zithromax. Thanks for the reminder, I sometimes forget I can them...hehehe

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

MOME2RT