aztreonam shortage

ladybug

Just an FYI:

I was getting switched to aztreonam for my home health IV meds and was notified today that its on nationwide backorder and I can't get it. Wow. Never thought something like this would happen in America.

Nevertheless, apparently my home health agency has checked all their competitors and everywhere to get it for me and the ONLY place that has it stocked is hospitals. Because of this, and because its one of only a few meds I'm not allergic or resistant to, I may have to be inpatient to get the drug I need.

Anyway, just thought I'd give a heads-up to the CF community since I think a lot of us use this IV med.

Cheers,

ladybug

Just an FYI:

I was getting switched to aztreonam for my home health IV meds and was notified today that its on nationwide backorder and I can't get it. Wow. Never thought something like this would happen in America.

Nevertheless, apparently my home health agency has checked all their competitors and everywhere to get it for me and the ONLY place that has it stocked is hospitals. Because of this, and because its one of only a few meds I'm not allergic or resistant to, I may have to be inpatient to get the drug I need.

Anyway, just thought I'd give a heads-up to the CF community since I think a lot of us use this IV med.

Cheers,

ladybug

Just an FYI:

Cheers,

ladybug

Just an FYI:

Cheers,

ladybug

Just an FYI:
<br />
<br />I was getting switched to aztreonam for my home health IV meds and was notified today that its on nationwide backorder and I can't get it. Wow. Never thought something like this would happen in America.
<br />
<br />Nevertheless, apparently my home health agency has checked all their competitors and everywhere to get it for me and the ONLY place that has it stocked is hospitals. Because of this, and because its one of only a few meds I'm not allergic or resistant to, I may have to be inpatient to get the drug I need.
<br />
<br />Anyway, just thought I'd give a heads-up to the CF community since I think a lot of us use this IV med.
<br />
<br />Cheers,

Tumbleweed

I am in the same boat. My doc prescribed azteonam for me a couple of months ago, but i have not been able to get it because of the shortage. i remember the same thing happening with ADEKs awhile back, and I'm not completely sure but I think it happened with hypertonic saline too. Frustrating.

Tumbleweed

I am in the same boat. My doc prescribed azteonam for me a couple of months ago, but i have not been able to get it because of the shortage. i remember the same thing happening with ADEKs awhile back, and I'm not completely sure but I think it happened with hypertonic saline too. Frustrating.

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Skye

my doc prescribed it for my last round of IV's and had to change to something else d/t the shortage.

Skye

my doc prescribed it for my last round of IV's and had to change to something else d/t the shortage.

Skye

Skye

Skye