Aztreonam Shortage

M

MiddleAgedLady

I wanted to update my previous comment. I was on azactam in the hospital but now that I'm home I've had to switch to meropenam. I quizzed the pharmacist about this because I'd not heard what the deal is. He said there were problems with some batches and the FDA clamped down on the manufacturer to ensure things are pure. They are not enough back to 1/2 of regular production. The drug is being allocated to different pharmacies, so if you can pick a less busy or smaller town pharmacy you may have more luck getting some.

M

MiddleAgedLady

I wanted to update my previous comment. I was on azactam in the hospital but now that I'm home I've had to switch to meropenam. I quizzed the pharmacist about this because I'd not heard what the deal is. He said there were problems with some batches and the FDA clamped down on the manufacturer to ensure things are pure. They are not enough back to 1/2 of regular production. The drug is being allocated to different pharmacies, so if you can pick a less busy or smaller town pharmacy you may have more luck getting some.

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady