Baby books about donor dads?

GordonsGirl

I was wondering if anyone knows of a baby/children's book about having a sperm donor. I am thinking something like Jamie Lee Curtis's "Tell Me Again About the Day I Was Born." If there isn't one out there, I was thinking of writing one, in which case I was wondering if anyone has any tips on what a child might find helpful to understand this situation.

I have a friend who found out he was the product of a sperm donor when he was in his early twenties and he freaked out. I don't want my baby to go through something like this. I want to have open, honest communication from the beginning.

Thanks in advance!

GordonsGirl

I was wondering if anyone knows of a baby/children's book about having a sperm donor. I am thinking something like Jamie Lee Curtis's "Tell Me Again About the Day I Was Born." If there isn't one out there, I was thinking of writing one, in which case I was wondering if anyone has any tips on what a child might find helpful to understand this situation.

I have a friend who found out he was the product of a sperm donor when he was in his early twenties and he freaked out. I don't want my baby to go through something like this. I want to have open, honest communication from the beginning.

Thanks in advance!

GordonsGirl

Thanks in advance!

GordonsGirl

Thanks in advance!

GordonsGirl

<br />
<br />I have a friend who found out he was the product of a sperm donor when he was in his early twenties and he freaked out. I don't want my baby to go through something like this. I want to have open, honest communication from the beginning.
<br />
<br />Thanks in advance!

rubyroselee

That would be awesome because I would love to read something like that or read to my children. So if there's no books out there already than I think you should write one for sure! I also worry about my children and the fact that they are from donor sperm and I want them to be able to accept that fact and have an open relationship with that aspect of their life. I am also in contact with another family who has used the same donor and we exchange emails and pictures frequently. I think a book would be great, but I'm thinking there may be books out there already related to the subject, I have just never searched yet.

rubyroselee

That would be awesome because I would love to read something like that or read to my children. So if there's no books out there already than I think you should write one for sure! I also worry about my children and the fact that they are from donor sperm and I want them to be able to accept that fact and have an open relationship with that aspect of their life. I am also in contact with another family who has used the same donor and we exchange emails and pictures frequently. I think a book would be great, but I'm thinking there may be books out there already related to the subject, I have just never searched yet.

rubyroselee

rubyroselee

rubyroselee

Lonespruce

We are starting IUI with donor sperm in a couple weeks! I've been looking into info a lot regarding this. I also worry about how to approach many of the issues that are going to arise from this. Just to let you know, if you use Facebook, there are actually some very helpful groups on there. Search for groups about "Sperm donors". There are a lot of good discussions by people that have been conceived by sperm donors. Also if you google "Children's book + Sperm donor" you'll find some children's books that deal with the issue. I have not looked into those yet, but plan too.

Lonespruce

We are starting IUI with donor sperm in a couple weeks! I've been looking into info a lot regarding this. I also worry about how to approach many of the issues that are going to arise from this. Just to let you know, if you use Facebook, there are actually some very helpful groups on there. Search for groups about "Sperm donors". There are a lot of good discussions by people that have been conceived by sperm donors. Also if you google "Children's book + Sperm donor" you'll find some children's books that deal with the issue. I have not looked into those yet, but plan too.

Lonespruce

Lonespruce

Lonespruce