Bactrim

Giggles

On Bactrim for 2 weeks and it is BRUTAL! The side effects are so bad! Headache, nausea, loss of appetite, feeling like I have the flu. UGH! Working well on the lungs but everything else feels like *&^%&<br><br>Thanks!<br>

Giggles

On Bactrim for 2 weeks and it is BRUTAL! The side effects are so bad! Headache, nausea, loss of appetite, feeling like I have the flu. UGH! Working well on the lungs but everything else feels like *&^%&<br><br>Thanks!<br>

Giggles

LouLou

Could you take some anti nausea meds? I haven't experienced these side effects from Bactrim....hey at least your staph is still sensitive to it :)

LouLou

Could you take some anti nausea meds? I haven't experienced these side effects from Bactrim....hey at least your staph is still sensitive to it :)

LouLou

hmw

Emily MUST take it with food or she throws it up. She does occasionally get headaches with this one as well as others, but taking motrin usually helps. Probiotics help a lot with GI effects that come along with pretty much all abx so I'd try a good multi-strain one a couple times a day and see if that helps; and she doesn't have much appetite when she's sick with any exacerbation so it's hard to know how this one in particular has affected her. Honestly though... it's great you are sensitive to it. Emily's staph is resistant and she's 10!

hmw

Emily MUST take it with food or she throws it up. She does occasionally get headaches with this one as well as others, but taking motrin usually helps. Probiotics help a lot with GI effects that come along with pretty much all abx so I'd try a good multi-strain one a couple times a day and see if that helps; and she doesn't have much appetite when she's sick with any exacerbation so it's hard to know how this one in particular has affected her. Honestly though... it's great you are sensitive to it. Emily's staph is resistant and she's 10!

hmw

hockeykid

I used to use the liquid form of Bactrim instead of the pills. You can get the pill equivalent in liquid form. I used to vomit from the pills. The liquid was much easier on my system. You still need to eat a little something regardless of the form of Bactrim you use.

hockeykid

I used to use the liquid form of Bactrim instead of the pills. You can get the pill equivalent in liquid form. I used to vomit from the pills. The liquid was much easier on my system. You still need to eat a little something regardless of the form of Bactrim you use.

hockeykid

MikeInMT

Sorry to hear you got bad side effects, I have never had any with it. I was on a course of it for 3 months a year ago.. No problems. Good luck, and hope you find something to lessen the side effects.<br>Michael<br>

MikeInMT

Sorry to hear you got bad side effects, I have never had any with it. I was on a course of it for 3 months a year ago.. No problems. Good luck, and hope you find something to lessen the side effects.<br>Michael<br>

MikeInMT

Giggles

Thanks for the replies. I actually do not have staph but am taking it for something called Achromobater or something like that and stenophonomas..... I have found Benadryl helps and the doc says to take it. I do not like taking it cause it dries you up and that is not good for CF but at the same time it lessons my side effects. Weird it would do that!? My 10th day is tomorrow on it and I am hoping maybe the doc will say I can stop and not go the 14 days but then at the same time I made it this far whats 4 more days....... Thanks!<br>

Giggles

Thanks for the replies. I actually do not have staph but am taking it for something called Achromobater or something like that and stenophonomas..... I have found Benadryl helps and the doc says to take it. I do not like taking it cause it dries you up and that is not good for CF but at the same time it lessons my side effects. Weird it would do that!? My 10th day is tomorrow on it and I am hoping maybe the doc will say I can stop and not go the 14 days but then at the same time I made it this far whats 4 more days....... Thanks!<br>

Giggles

Havoc

Yes, try taking it with food or milk. You might also ask them about compazine. It might be a little less drying than benadryl, although it's very similar pharmacologically.

Havoc

Yes, try taking it with food or milk. You might also ask them about compazine. It might be a little less drying than benadryl, although it's very similar pharmacologically.