Bactrium DS

blindhearted

My local Pulmo Dr put me on Bactrium DS since my sputum culture showed MRSA. Well, since the first dose, I've been having an issue. About an hour after I eat I get sick. One minute I am fine, then *bam* I feel really sick. When I get this sick feeling, I feel flushed, weak, lightheaded, HR seems to increase/beat harder and extreme nausea, also sometimes have anxiety. I thought my sugar was dropping, but when I check it, it's fine. I've tried taking Zofran and/or Phenergan for the nausea, but the only thing that really relieves it is to actually throw-up. I'm not sure what is going on. Last time I had something like this happen, it was with Levaquin, but it always happened after I took the medicine. Because of it, I'm not allowed to take Levaquin anymore. But this time it will happen if I just took my medicine or if I havent had my dose yet. The Bactium is the only thing to change, and it didnt start until I began taking it. So I'm guessing that is what is causing it. I'm not allergic to Bactrium to my knowledge. In the past 36 hours, I have eaten 7 times, I've kept food down for about 3 of them. What I eat doesnt seem to matter either, something bland, something greasy, large, small....all get the same reaction. I am down to 103-106 lbs (suppose to be 115-120) and I do not need to keep this up. I can't afford to lose anymore weight. Anyone have any suggestions or know what is going on?? Thanks in advance.

blindhearted

My local Pulmo Dr put me on Bactrium DS since my sputum culture showed MRSA. Well, since the first dose, I've been having an issue. About an hour after I eat I get sick. One minute I am fine, then *bam* I feel really sick. When I get this sick feeling, I feel flushed, weak, lightheaded, HR seems to increase/beat harder and extreme nausea, also sometimes have anxiety. I thought my sugar was dropping, but when I check it, it's fine. I've tried taking Zofran and/or Phenergan for the nausea, but the only thing that really relieves it is to actually throw-up. I'm not sure what is going on. Last time I had something like this happen, it was with Levaquin, but it always happened after I took the medicine. Because of it, I'm not allowed to take Levaquin anymore. But this time it will happen if I just took my medicine or if I havent had my dose yet. The Bactium is the only thing to change, and it didnt start until I began taking it. So I'm guessing that is what is causing it. I'm not allergic to Bactrium to my knowledge. In the past 36 hours, I have eaten 7 times, I've kept food down for about 3 of them. What I eat doesnt seem to matter either, something bland, something greasy, large, small....all get the same reaction. I am down to 103-106 lbs (suppose to be 115-120) and I do not need to keep this up. I can't afford to lose anymore weight. Anyone have any suggestions or know what is going on?? Thanks in advance.

blindhearted

blindhearted

blindhearted

KEC1984

i know you said you weren't allergic, but what youre describing is an allergic reaction.... are you positive that you arent?!!

KEC1984

i know you said you weren't allergic, but what youre describing is an allergic reaction.... are you positive that you arent?!!

KEC1984

KEC1984

KEC1984

mamerth

You might want to check back with your doctor. I agree with kchat17-- you might be allergic-- doesn't sound fun.

mamerth

You might want to check back with your doctor. I agree with kchat17-- you might be allergic-- doesn't sound fun.

mamerth

mamerth

mamerth

nick9742

The same exact thing happens to me pretty much when I'm taking Zyvox. Except I start feeling sick during the meal, not afterwards. I wish mine was like that, actually. It sucks throwing up in the middle of every meal. Unfortunately the only thing that helps is Zofran and I am only able to get 10 of those a month. A different antibiotic isn't really an option anymore (at least not orally) because my MRSA is resistant to everything EXCEPT Zyvox. So I guess extreme nausea during meals is better than laying in bed with all the usual symptoms...sigh. I don't really have any thing to add to help you, I wish I did. I was just adding the fact it happens to me too. Are there any other antibiotics you can go to that work without making you so sick? Sometimes if I catch the infection before it gets really bad, an antibiotic called KETEK helps a lot. It's real medicinal name is telithromycin. It never causes nausea or anything for me.

nick9742

The same exact thing happens to me pretty much when I'm taking Zyvox. Except I start feeling sick during the meal, not afterwards. I wish mine was like that, actually. It sucks throwing up in the middle of every meal. Unfortunately the only thing that helps is Zofran and I am only able to get 10 of those a month. A different antibiotic isn't really an option anymore (at least not orally) because my MRSA is resistant to everything EXCEPT Zyvox. So I guess extreme nausea during meals is better than laying in bed with all the usual symptoms...sigh. I don't really have any thing to add to help you, I wish I did. I was just adding the fact it happens to me too. Are there any other antibiotics you can go to that work without making you so sick? Sometimes if I catch the infection before it gets really bad, an antibiotic called KETEK helps a lot. It's real medicinal name is telithromycin. It never causes nausea or anything for me.

nick9742

nick9742

nick9742