Bad Breath

djotroy17

Recently my coughing has gotten worse especially in the mornings and I am wondering if I cough some sort of infection...I made an appointment with the doctor for next week to find out.

But I have been wondering if other CFers suffer from bad breath, because I will brush my teeth and use mouthwash minutes before hanging out with my girlfriend and she will complain about my bad breath. She doesnt judge me for it and is supportive of my CF...but she doesnt like kissing me or lieing down facing my mouth because of my breath. I am wondering if the smell is maybe from the mucus in my lungs.

Do any cfers suffer from this, and does anyone know a way to help mask the smell?

djotroy17

Recently my coughing has gotten worse especially in the mornings and I am wondering if I cough some sort of infection...I made an appointment with the doctor for next week to find out.

But I have been wondering if other CFers suffer from bad breath, because I will brush my teeth and use mouthwash minutes before hanging out with my girlfriend and she will complain about my bad breath. She doesnt judge me for it and is supportive of my CF...but she doesnt like kissing me or lieing down facing my mouth because of my breath. I am wondering if the smell is maybe from the mucus in my lungs.

Do any cfers suffer from this, and does anyone know a way to help mask the smell?

djotroy17

<br />
<br />But I have been wondering if other CFers suffer from bad breath, because I will brush my teeth and use mouthwash minutes before hanging out with my girlfriend and she will complain about my bad breath. She doesnt judge me for it and is supportive of my CF...but she doesnt like kissing me or lieing down facing my mouth because of my breath. I am wondering if the smell is maybe from the mucus in my lungs.
<br />
<br />Do any cfers suffer from this, and does anyone know a way to help mask the smell?

E

entropy

It's common even with people who don't have CF. Try brushing your tongue thoroughly before using mouthwash. Perhaps invest in some tic tacs or dentyne.

E

entropy

It's common even with people who don't have CF. Try brushing your tongue thoroughly before using mouthwash. Perhaps invest in some tic tacs or dentyne.

E

entropy

A

alluneedislove

I use a tongue scraper after brushing my teeth and use mouth wash. I chew gum all the time too. It sucks having nasty breath. you could also try a mouth wash that is more designed for bad breath.

A

alluneedislove

I use a tongue scraper after brushing my teeth and use mouth wash. I chew gum all the time too. It sucks having nasty breath. you could also try a mouth wash that is more designed for bad breath.

A

alluneedislove

crystalina0814

I can relate.

I have bad breath when I have an infection brewing in my lungs....or when I am producing lots of mucus.

I use a tongue scraper followed by listerine. I am a gum freak because of it. I notice that my breath does not smell as bad when I take fizzy NAC. It seems to help get rid of the smell and "hot" sticky feelingin my mouth as well as getting up junk.

crystalina0814

I can relate.

I have bad breath when I have an infection brewing in my lungs....or when I am producing lots of mucus.

I use a tongue scraper followed by listerine. I am a gum freak because of it. I notice that my breath does not smell as bad when I take fizzy NAC. It seems to help get rid of the smell and "hot" sticky feelingin my mouth as well as getting up junk.

crystalina0814

I can relate.
<br />
<br />I have bad breath when I have an infection brewing in my lungs....or when I am producing lots of mucus.
<br />
<br />I use a tongue scraper followed by listerine. I am a gum freak because of it. I notice that my breath does not smell as bad when I take fizzy NAC. It seems to help get rid of the smell and "hot" sticky feelingin my mouth as well as getting up junk.

peter

Flossing is often overlooked as inconvenient. However give it a serious try if you aren't. The other suggestions also are relevant but flossing is a lot more relevant than people realize.
Peter

peter

Flossing is often overlooked as inconvenient. However give it a serious try if you aren't. The other suggestions also are relevant but flossing is a lot more relevant than people realize.
Peter