Bad breath

janddburke

Good morning. Just wondering if seriously bad breath in my 17 yo daughter might be a sign of a brewing infection? Something I should mention to her dr. At our next visit? Or should I call it in?

I think it can be an indicator of acid reflux and/or indigestion, especially if it is more prominant in the morning. Also the CF diet is not good for anyone's teeth. This is why oral hygine is very important with cfers.

janddburke

She doesn't seem to be complaining of heartburn or anything indigestion related and she is already on Prevacid. Seems to be worse later in the day.
Dentist appointment next week for a cleaning. I'll be sure to mention it to her.

kyeev

She doesn't seem to be complaining of heartburn or anything indigestion related and she is already on Prevacid. Seems to be worse later in the day.
Dentist appointment next week for a cleaning. I'll be sure to mention it to her.

It could be a gram positive bacteria.
Years ago, I remember I started having funny tasting phlegm and my breath was so bad people were literally moving out of my line of breath!
I finally realised what was going on and it got treated with an antibiotic called Metronidazole (tradename: flagyl)

K

kgfrompa

I get the taste of bad breath when i have a infection.I can taste it the doctors told me it was a sign after i do IVs i am fine but it comes back again and again.That has been my experence,

I'd mention it to both dentist and CF team. My kiddo always gets nasty HORRID breath when infections are brewing. Also his ears turn red. Strange, huh? The tips of his ears turn bright red and are tender to the touch. Never has ear infections, it's usually from lung cruds brewing. :)