Bad experience with Oregano Oil

Prussian

I just wanted to relate my terrible experience with Oregano Oil in the hopes that another person wont make the same mistake.

I started nebulizing Super Strength Oregano Oil a while back, I also took the pills and put drops under my tongue and in my tea in the hopes it would help my CF.

Shortly after I started all this I began to cough up blood (for the first time ever) I also ran a fever of 103 degrees and had the extreme chills and shakes that would not go away. I eventually had to be hospitalized and was put on IV Anti-Biotics for quite a long time. Looking back I probably contacted Lipoid Pneumonia<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.radswiki.net/main/i...itle=Lipoid_pneumonia
">http://www.radswiki.net/main/i...ipoid_pneumonia
</a>

Inhaling oil into the lungs is not a good idea and my doctor was not to happy when he found out. Please learn from my mistake and make good informed decisions. Always talk to your doctor before you start anything, it will save you a lot of trouble. Please learn from my stupidity and do not inhale any form of oil, even if it says it's water-soluble. Again, always talk to your doctor and keep him informed on everything your taking.

BTW, I am not trying to condemn anyone who believes in the oil, I just wanted to relate my experience so people can make the most informed decision possible.

Peace,

Dan

Prussian

I just wanted to relate my terrible experience with Oregano Oil in the hopes that another person wont make the same mistake.

I started nebulizing Super Strength Oregano Oil a while back, I also took the pills and put drops under my tongue and in my tea in the hopes it would help my CF.

Shortly after I started all this I began to cough up blood (for the first time ever) I also ran a fever of 103 degrees and had the extreme chills and shakes that would not go away. I eventually had to be hospitalized and was put on IV Anti-Biotics for quite a long time. Looking back I probably contacted Lipoid Pneumonia<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.radswiki.net/main/i...itle=Lipoid_pneumonia
</a>

Inhaling oil into the lungs is not a good idea and my doctor was not to happy when he found out. Please learn from my mistake and make good informed decisions. Always talk to your doctor before you start anything, it will save you a lot of trouble. Please learn from my stupidity and do not inhale any form of oil, even if it says it's water-soluble. Again, always talk to your doctor and keep him informed on everything your taking.

BTW, I am not trying to condemn anyone who believes in the oil, I just wanted to relate my experience so people can make the most informed decision possible.

Peace,

Dan

Prussian

</a>

Peace,

Dan

Prussian

</a>

Peace,

Dan

Prussian

<br />
<br />I started nebulizing Super Strength Oregano Oil a while back, I also took the pills and put drops under my tongue and in my tea in the hopes it would help my CF.
<br />
<br />Shortly after I started all this I began to cough up blood (for the first time ever) I also ran a fever of 103 degrees and had the extreme chills and shakes that would not go away. I eventually had to be hospitalized and was put on IV Anti-Biotics for quite a long time. Looking back I probably contacted Lipoid Pneumonia<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.radswiki.net/main/i...itle=Lipoid_pneumonia
<br />">http://www.radswiki.net/main/i...ipoid_pneumonia
<br /></a>
<br />
<br />Inhaling oil into the lungs is not a good idea and my doctor was not to happy when he found out. Please learn from my mistake and make good informed decisions. Always talk to your doctor before you start anything, it will save you a lot of trouble. Please learn from my stupidity and do not inhale any form of oil, even if it says it's water-soluble. Again, always talk to your doctor and keep him informed on everything your taking.
<br />
<br />BTW, I am not trying to condemn anyone who believes in the oil, I just wanted to relate my experience so people can make the most informed decision possible.
<br />
<br />Peace,
<br />
<br />Dan

MicheleGazelle

As I said in your other thread, I am sorry to hear this. But I wanted to thank you for sharing. I would hate to see someone else make the same mistake. It seems to me like inhaling oil would be a bad idea, no matter what kind. I would think it would block the flow of oxygen into the body by coating the surface of the lungs.

MicheleGazelle

As I said in your other thread, I am sorry to hear this. But I wanted to thank you for sharing. I would hate to see someone else make the same mistake. It seems to me like inhaling oil would be a bad idea, no matter what kind. I would think it would block the flow of oxygen into the body by coating the surface of the lungs.

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

PedsNP2007

Dan,
Wow, you are very lucky you survived! I've seen lipid pneumonia in little kids due to accidental ingestion of lamp oil (that happens to get a little in the respiratory tract). These kids are extremely sick and some unfortunately don't survive.

I am glad you are better. I am curious as to how you thought to nebulize the oil? Did you see a source that advocated for it?

Hey, we all make mistakes on our way in life even when we think we are trying to improve our health. Thanks for passing on the information of your experience.

Jenn
30 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Dan,
Wow, you are very lucky you survived! I've seen lipid pneumonia in little kids due to accidental ingestion of lamp oil (that happens to get a little in the respiratory tract). These kids are extremely sick and some unfortunately don't survive.

I am glad you are better. I am curious as to how you thought to nebulize the oil? Did you see a source that advocated for it?

Hey, we all make mistakes on our way in life even when we think we are trying to improve our health. Thanks for passing on the information of your experience.

Jenn
30 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Dan,

Jenn
30 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Dan,

Jenn
30 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Dan,
<br />Wow, you are very lucky you survived! I've seen lipid pneumonia in little kids due to accidental ingestion of lamp oil (that happens to get a little in the respiratory tract). These kids are extremely sick and some unfortunately don't survive.
<br />
<br />I am glad you are better. I am curious as to how you thought to nebulize the oil? Did you see a source that advocated for it?
<br />
<br />Hey, we all make mistakes on our way in life even when we think we are trying to improve our health. Thanks for passing on the information of your experience.
<br />
<br />Jenn
<br />30 yo cf

Prussian

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>PedsNP2007</b></i>

Dan,

Jenn

30 yo cf</end quote></div>

Hi Jenn,

I got the idea of nebulizing the oil on this site unfortunately. I was stupid and did not do my own research. It was an extremely dumb thing to do and I hope others learn from my mistake.

Take care,

Dan

Prussian

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>PedsNP2007</b></i>

Dan,

Jenn

Hi Jenn,

I got the idea of nebulizing the oil on this site unfortunately. I was stupid and did not do my own research. It was an extremely dumb thing to do and I hope others learn from my mistake.

Take care,

Dan

Prussian

Dan,

Jenn

Hi Jenn,

Take care,

Dan

Prussian

Dan,

Jenn

30 yo cf</end quote>

Hi Jenn,

Take care,

Dan

Prussian

<br />
<br />Dan,
<br />
<br />Wow, you are very lucky you survived! I've seen lipid pneumonia in little kids due to accidental ingestion of lamp oil (that happens to get a little in the respiratory tract). These kids are extremely sick and some unfortunately don't survive.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I am glad you are better. I am curious as to how you thought to nebulize the oil? Did you see a source that advocated for it?
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Hey, we all make mistakes on our way in life even when we think we are trying to improve our health. Thanks for passing on the information of your experience.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Jenn
<br />
<br />30 yo cf</end quote>
<br />
<br />Hi Jenn,
<br />
<br />I got the idea of nebulizing the oil on this site unfortunately. I was stupid and did not do my own research. It was an extremely dumb thing to do and I hope others learn from my mistake.
<br />
<br />Take care,
<br />
<br />Dan