balanced cooking

Rebjane

Super Moderator
It is hard. What I have found helpful is to focus on healthy fats for the whole family. Like Olive oil, fish, nuts stuff like that. My daughter with CF gets whole milk; we drink skim. I put extra butter on my daughter with CF's pasta, and extra salt..so it's separate. I used to make scrambled eggs with extra butter and whole milk for my daughter; then wash the pan and make a healthier version for us. Same with oatmeal; I made hers separate with whole milk and add flax oil in it with brown sugar,yum. Some things I just can't even tempt myself with; like Nutella. My daughter would eat it by the spoonful. I just look at it and gain weight. So that goes away in the cabinet when she's done. HTH

Rebjane

Super Moderator
It is hard. What I have found helpful is to focus on healthy fats for the whole family. Like Olive oil, fish, nuts stuff like that. My daughter with CF gets whole milk; we drink skim. I put extra butter on my daughter with CF's pasta, and extra salt..so it's separate. I used to make scrambled eggs with extra butter and whole milk for my daughter; then wash the pan and make a healthier version for us. Same with oatmeal; I made hers separate with whole milk and add flax oil in it with brown sugar,yum. Some things I just can't even tempt myself with; like Nutella. My daughter would eat it by the spoonful. I just look at it and gain weight. So that goes away in the cabinet when she's done. HTH

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS is such a picky eater that a lot of times we'll eat something other than what he eats. Fortunately the types of food he likes are fairly easy. I can throw some nuggets or fish sticks in the oven, make him a grilled cheese sandwich with lots of oil and butter. Greek yogurt... When we have pasta with sauce, he has plain noodles with parm cheese, salt and ketchup.

We drink skim milk, he drinks carnation instant breakfast with whole milk and cream.

We do have a separate snack cupboard just for him. Out of sight, out of mind, though sometimes I will get into his stash. I've learned to buy smaller snack sizes of chips so we won't be tempted by an open big bag.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS is such a picky eater that a lot of times we'll eat something other than what he eats. Fortunately the types of food he likes are fairly easy. I can throw some nuggets or fish sticks in the oven, make him a grilled cheese sandwich with lots of oil and butter. Greek yogurt... When we have pasta with sauce, he has plain noodles with parm cheese, salt and ketchup.

We drink skim milk, he drinks carnation instant breakfast with whole milk and cream.

We do have a separate snack cupboard just for him. Out of sight, out of mind, though sometimes I will get into his stash. I've learned to buy smaller snack sizes of chips so we won't be tempted by an open big bag.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />We drink skim milk, he drinks carnation instant breakfast with whole milk and cream.
<br />
<br />We do have a separate snack cupboard just for him. Out of sight, out of mind, though sometimes I will get into his stash. I've learned to buy smaller snack sizes of chips so we won't be tempted by an open big bag.