bananas

anonymous

Hi Joanne,

well if we eat something that does not only contain fat, but is pure fat, we need much more enzyms than for "mixed"food...

Uli,43,Germany

anonymous

Hi Joanne,

well if we eat something that does not only contain fat, but is pure fat, we need much more enzyms than for "mixed"food...

Uli,43,Germany

mousesmom

Uli, that makes sense but Monique has tried that with no real result. I think Pork fat is just a no no for her but she can't resist Crackling(rinds). Btw on the Creon insert it says to avoid Pork but none of the CF team can tell me why.

mousesmom

Uli, that makes sense but Monique has tried that with no real result. I think Pork fat is just a no no for her but she can't resist Crackling(rinds). Btw on the Creon insert it says to avoid Pork but none of the CF team can tell me why.

anonymous

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>mousesmom</b></i><br>Uli, that makes sense but Monique has tried that with no real result. I think Pork fat is just a no no for her but she can't resist Crackling(rinds). Btw on the Creon insert it says to avoid Pork but none of the CF team can tell me why.<hr></blockquote>

yes pork ofcourse is what the drug is made of in first place. This will cause chemical reaction within certain enzyme. exactly what happens i cannot tell you, but it is not for fun by which they tell you this

tom

anonymous

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>mousesmom</b></i><br>Uli, that makes sense but Monique has tried that with no real result. I think Pork fat is just a no no for her but she can't resist Crackling(rinds). Btw on the Creon insert it says to avoid Pork but none of the CF team can tell me why.<hr></blockquote>

yes pork ofcourse is what the drug is made of in first place. This will cause chemical reaction within certain enzyme. exactly what happens i cannot tell you, but it is not for fun by which they tell you this

tom

anonymous

as w/ bannana this is not necessary. This is mostly sugar, starch, carbo. Remember these enzyme is not a stable of nutrition, but simply is to keep you alive. So whenever possible lower you use of enzyme as protease has been shown to to detrimental to other aspects of health.

anonymous

as w/ bannana this is not necessary. This is mostly sugar, starch, carbo. Remember these enzyme is not a stable of nutrition, but simply is to keep you alive. So whenever possible lower you use of enzyme as protease has been shown to to detrimental to other aspects of health.

anonymous

Hi Joanne and Tom,

I just looked up my "informations for use" of the Kreon. I did not find anything that you should not eat pork, it is just said, that you should not take Kreon, if you are allergic against pork, because it is made out of pork.
I do often eat pork (did you hear of the bavarian "Schweinshaxe", that is a mostly crispy grilled pork leg, containing much fat) and I do take more Kreon for it and don´t have problems. I do take some Kreon directly before I eat and some also while I´m eating, so maybe your daughter takes it too late, so that part of the fat has already "gone through"? And depending on how much of the pork crackling she eats, she will really need much more enzyms than usually...For example: for 100 gramm of cooked ham I would take 2-4 tablets of Kreon 10000, depending, how many fat is around the edges of the ham. For 100 gramm of pork crackling, that is nearly 100 gramm pure fat, I would take at least 5 tablets of Kreon 25000.

Uli,43,Germany,cf/cfrd

anonymous

Hi Joanne and Tom,

I just looked up my "informations for use" of the Kreon. I did not find anything that you should not eat pork, it is just said, that you should not take Kreon, if you are allergic against pork, because it is made out of pork.
I do often eat pork (did you hear of the bavarian "Schweinshaxe", that is a mostly crispy grilled pork leg, containing much fat) and I do take more Kreon for it and don´t have problems. I do take some Kreon directly before I eat and some also while I´m eating, so maybe your daughter takes it too late, so that part of the fat has already "gone through"? And depending on how much of the pork crackling she eats, she will really need much more enzyms than usually...For example: for 100 gramm of cooked ham I would take 2-4 tablets of Kreon 10000, depending, how many fat is around the edges of the ham. For 100 gramm of pork crackling, that is nearly 100 gramm pure fat, I would take at least 5 tablets of Kreon 25000.

Uli,43,Germany,cf/cfrd

anonymous

When DS was diagnosed the hospital kitchen sent up applesauce to use to give him his enzymes. He HATED it. So the NICU called up to the CF floor and they said to try babyfood bananas, that's what they pretty much use 'cuz it doesn't taste as acidic. I still buy the stage 3 bananas for DS as a snack and I don't give him enzymes with it. 150 calories per jar. High in potassium, too!

anonymous

When DS was diagnosed the hospital kitchen sent up applesauce to use to give him his enzymes. He HATED it. So the NICU called up to the CF floor and they said to try babyfood bananas, that's what they pretty much use 'cuz it doesn't taste as acidic. I still buy the stage 3 bananas for DS as a snack and I don't give him enzymes with it. 150 calories per jar. High in potassium, too!

Vampy

lol sean nice family guy <3 ....to the topic, never used bananas i always took them w/ apple sause. cant do that with the ones i take now cuz they burn my tongue and the roof of my mouth

Vampy

lol sean nice family guy <3 ....to the topic, never used bananas i always took them w/ apple sause. cant do that with the ones i take now cuz they burn my tongue and the roof of my mouth

thefrogprincess

Whoever posted that you don't take enzymes with meat...uh...you need to start! Meat is almost nothing but protein and fat which is what we have a hard time digesting. By the way bananas are good for stopping diareah (sp??). About the only fruit/veg I would take an enzyme with is avacado or olives cuz they are oily.

thefrogprincess

Whoever posted that you don't take enzymes with meat...uh...you need to start! Meat is almost nothing but protein and fat which is what we have a hard time digesting. By the way bananas are good for stopping diareah (sp??). About the only fruit/veg I would take an enzyme with is avacado or olives cuz they are oily.

thelizardqueen

I eat some meats with no enzymes and have no problem whatsoever with digesting it. Chicken and pork I can eat without enzymes. Don't ask me why, but I never get any digestive problems with these meats.

thelizardqueen

I eat some meats with no enzymes and have no problem whatsoever with digesting it. Chicken and pork I can eat without enzymes. Don't ask me why, but I never get any digestive problems with these meats.

anonymous

I have Cf im 33 and 3/4s and have been body building for 15 years I take emzymes with all my food as the also help protein intake as well as fat. I only take low dosage pancreas tablets two per main meal one with snacks

anonymous

I have Cf im 33 and 3/4s and have been body building for 15 years I take emzymes with all my food as the also help protein intake as well as fat. I only take low dosage pancreas tablets two per main meal one with snacks