Baseline cough in children?

kitomd21

DD (3 yrs old) coughs after waking up...she gets over colds/coughs faster than her brother (no CF)....so far...

Zarocks

For me I've always coughed for as long as I can remember. My FEV1 didn't stop dropping much until after high school, however. That said, I've actually been able to achieve a "no cough" baseline in the past with rigorous antibiotics and treatment. Not quite back there right now, but I'm trying hard to achieve that again.

-Chris 30/M/CF/DD508/PA and more PA

Zarocks

For me I've always coughed for as long as I can remember. My FEV1 didn't stop dropping much until after high school, however. That said, I've actually been able to achieve a "no cough" baseline in the past with rigorous antibiotics and treatment. Not quite back there right now, but I'm trying hard to achieve that again.

-Chris 30/M/CF/DD508/PA and more PA

Zarocks

<br />
<br />-Chris 30/M/CF/DD508/PA and more PA

hmw

Emily (now 10) didn't have a cough for a long time. It's been the last 2yrs that changed things. In her case I can pinpoint a couple very specific illnesses that changed her baseline and introduced cough along with asthma symptoms. H1n1/bronchitis in fall of 2009, parainfluenza/pneumonia in spring 2010 and a severe exacerbation this past spring are what stand out in my mind as the main culprits.

hmw

Emily (now 10) didn't have a cough for a long time. It's been the last 2yrs that changed things. In her case I can pinpoint a couple very specific illnesses that changed her baseline and introduced cough along with asthma symptoms. H1n1/bronchitis in fall of 2009, parainfluenza/pneumonia in spring 2010 and a severe exacerbation this past spring are what stand out in my mind as the main culprits.

hmw

tesorotiffa

I never had a baseline cough. The ony time I coughed was when I had an exacerbation, which were few and far between. Unfortunately at 25 I started culturing MRSA and now I have a baseline, chronic cough :-(!

tesorotiffa

I never had a baseline cough. The ony time I coughed was when I had an exacerbation, which were few and far between. Unfortunately at 25 I started culturing MRSA and now I have a baseline, chronic cough :-(!

tesorotiffa