Bath or shower?

websterhome

Hello! I have a question for all of you germ fighters out there! We live in a very tiny home & are very excited to build an addition that will include bedroom & bathroom for our daughter Lucy with CF, she is almost 2. Until now we have been batheing her, making sure to clean the tub prior to every bath. I'm wondering since we have options right now, is it ultimately better for her to take baths or showers? We can put either into her bathroom. I know there's been recent chatter about shower head bacteria which makes baths seem like a good option but baths don't fully rinse a person off like a shower does... Looking forward to hearing responses! I'll post this to the adult section too.
Thanks!

websterhome

Hello! I have a question for all of you germ fighters out there! We live in a very tiny home & are very excited to build an addition that will include bedroom & bathroom for our daughter Lucy with CF, she is almost 2. Until now we have been batheing her, making sure to clean the tub prior to every bath. I'm wondering since we have options right now, is it ultimately better for her to take baths or showers? We can put either into her bathroom. I know there's been recent chatter about shower head bacteria which makes baths seem like a good option but baths don't fully rinse a person off like a shower does... Looking forward to hearing responses! I'll post this to the adult section too.
Thanks!

websterhome

<br />Thanks!

M

Mommafirst

I think you should do what works best for you and your family. I know very few (if any) adults that would take a bath in getting ready to go to school or work, so I doubt that for the long run a bath alone is going to meet the needs your daughter will eventually have. I know that there is talk about the shower heads, but honestly, there is talk about lots of things. YOu can't lock your kiddo in a bubble and avoid these natural exposures, the best you can do is keep the place as clean as you can. I guess I'm just saying that germ-wise it probably doesn't matter -- its unreasonable to think you can keep Lucy from showering over time.

M

Mommafirst

I think you should do what works best for you and your family. I know very few (if any) adults that would take a bath in getting ready to go to school or work, so I doubt that for the long run a bath alone is going to meet the needs your daughter will eventually have. I know that there is talk about the shower heads, but honestly, there is talk about lots of things. YOu can't lock your kiddo in a bubble and avoid these natural exposures, the best you can do is keep the place as clean as you can. I guess I'm just saying that germ-wise it probably doesn't matter -- its unreasonable to think you can keep Lucy from showering over time.

M

Mommafirst