Bathroom Cleaners

BaylorCrew07

What do you guys use for bathroom cleaners? Previously I used 409, but I recently purchased Clorox Clean-up thinking it would be more effective at killing germs and what not. However, it's really harsh and says something to the effect of it's not recommended for people with chronic respiratory disease to use while in small spaces (ie, the bathroom!)

It is very irritating to breathe in, esp while cleaning the tub...what do you guys use/recommend?

thanks!

BaylorCrew07

What do you guys use for bathroom cleaners? Previously I used 409, but I recently purchased Clorox Clean-up thinking it would be more effective at killing germs and what not. However, it's really harsh and says something to the effect of it's not recommended for people with chronic respiratory disease to use while in small spaces (ie, the bathroom!)

It is very irritating to breathe in, esp while cleaning the tub...what do you guys use/recommend?

thanks!

BaylorCrew07

<br />
<br />It is very irritating to breathe in, esp while cleaning the tub...what do you guys use/recommend?
<br />
<br />thanks!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I've always used scrubbing bubbles -- doesn't really have a harsh scent, but noticed it really doesn't get take care of the soap scum, so I use powdered comet for that; however, that in itself can be an irritant.

I recently switched to lysol basin/tub/tile cleaner and I think that works much better. DS aka tv boy thinks we need Kaboom -- he's got the whole commercial memorized.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I've always used scrubbing bubbles -- doesn't really have a harsh scent, but noticed it really doesn't get take care of the soap scum, so I use powdered comet for that; however, that in itself can be an irritant.

I recently switched to lysol basin/tub/tile cleaner and I think that works much better. DS aka tv boy thinks we need Kaboom -- he's got the whole commercial memorized.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />I recently switched to lysol basin/tub/tile cleaner and I think that works much better. DS aka tv boy thinks we need Kaboom -- he's got the whole commercial memorized.

chrissyd

I just wanted to let you know that when I saw the question, "what do you use to clean the bathroom," my immediate answer was:

My husband! LOL

On a serious note though I don't do much cleaning around my house, between the smell and my muscle problems I just can't hack it anymore. I do on occasion clean, but it is usually when I am home by myself and no one can stop me.
We have the scrubbing bubbles automatic shower cleaner, but the last time I got in their and cleaned I used fantastik (I think) antibacterial.

NancyLKF

Hey. I use a 7th generation bathroom disinfecting cleaner. It sprays on and you leave for about 10 minutes I think. It uses all natural ingredients. When I read that bleach is really harsh and no one should use it in their homes because of the effects on the lungs I searched and searched for cleaning products that weren't harsh. 7th generation just came out with this a few months ago. They also have disinfecting wipes now. Hopefully they work like they say they do!!

chrissyd

I just wanted to let you know that when I saw the question, "what do you use to clean the bathroom," my immediate answer was:

My husband! LOL

On a serious note though I don't do much cleaning around my house, between the smell and my muscle problems I just can't hack it anymore. I do on occasion clean, but it is usually when I am home by myself and no one can stop me.
We have the scrubbing bubbles automatic shower cleaner, but the last time I got in their and cleaned I used fantastik (I think) antibacterial.

NancyLKF

Hey. I use a 7th generation bathroom disinfecting cleaner. It sprays on and you leave for about 10 minutes I think. It uses all natural ingredients. When I read that bleach is really harsh and no one should use it in their homes because of the effects on the lungs I searched and searched for cleaning products that weren't harsh. 7th generation just came out with this a few months ago. They also have disinfecting wipes now. Hopefully they work like they say they do!!

chrissyd

<br />
<br />My husband! LOL
<br />
<br />On a serious note though I don't do much cleaning around my house, between the smell and my muscle problems I just can't hack it anymore. I do on occasion clean, but it is usually when I am home by myself and no one can stop me.
<br />We have the scrubbing bubbles automatic shower cleaner, but the last time I got in their and cleaned I used fantastik (I think) antibacterial.

NancyLKF

mamaScarlett

When I read this my first reaction was 'I don't clean bathrooms'.!!
That is the one room I just will not clean unless I am DESPERATE. The only products that really sanitize are too harsh for me to breathe in-I pay for days and days after using them.

I use a nice mild natural cleaner, that says it kills 99% of germs, its by 7th generation. (too much of even that bothers me too)
I also use Method-nothing by that brand irritates me. But again, doesn't have the sanitizing effect.
The most Clorox'y type thing I'll use are the wipes. They don't seem to irritate me as much.
For a really good bathroom cleaning, I have a house cleaning service come in every other month and do it. I touch up in between, wipe down, etc. If its bad, my husband does it.

mamaScarlett

That is the one room I just will not clean unless I am DESPERATE. The only products that really sanitize are too harsh for me to breathe in-I pay for days and days after using them.

I use a nice mild natural cleaner, that says it kills 99% of germs, its by 7th generation. (too much of even that bothers me too)
I also use Method-nothing by that brand irritates me. But again, doesn't have the sanitizing effect.
The most Clorox'y type thing I'll use are the wipes. They don't seem to irritate me as much.
For a really good bathroom cleaning, I have a house cleaning service come in every other month and do it. I touch up in between, wipe down, etc. If its bad, my husband does it.

mamaScarlett

<br />That is the one room I just will not clean unless I am DESPERATE. The only products that really sanitize are too harsh for me to breathe in-I pay for days and days after using them.
<br />
<br />I use a nice mild natural cleaner, that says it kills 99% of germs, its by 7th generation. (too much of even that bothers me too)
<br />I also use Method-nothing by that brand irritates me. But again, doesn't have the sanitizing effect.
<br />The most Clorox'y type thing I'll use are the wipes. They don't seem to irritate me as much.
<br />For a really good bathroom cleaning, I have a house cleaning service come in every other month and do it. I touch up in between, wipe down, etc. If its bad, my husband does it.