Battery powered nebulizer

lilismom

We're going to Mexico in June and the houses I'm looking at are solar powered and may not support the plug in nebulizer. Has anyone used the pari trek with pulmozyme and hts?

Also, this would mean taking a vacation from the vest and having Lili do the accapela for the week we are there and maybe we'll beat on her a bit too. The thought of not having to lug that vest on our travels is exciting. Has anyone else done other forms of RT while on vacation?

lilismom

We're going to Mexico in June and the houses I'm looking at are solar powered and may not support the plug in nebulizer. Has anyone used the pari trek with pulmozyme and hts?

Also, this would mean taking a vacation from the vest and having Lili do the accapela for the week we are there and maybe we'll beat on her a bit too. The thought of not having to lug that vest on our travels is exciting. Has anyone else done other forms of RT while on vacation?

lilismom

<br />
<br />Also, this would mean taking a vacation from the vest and having Lili do the accapela for the week we are there and maybe we'll beat on her a bit too. The thought of not having to lug that vest on our travels is exciting. Has anyone else done other forms of RT while on vacation?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I would doublecheck on being able to use the trek with pulmozyme. I know it can't be used with Tobi because it just doesn't have enough power -- psi.

We went to Mexico and stayed in a house, granted it wasn't a solar powered one and were able to use our Pari Proneb Ultra for tobi, pulmozyme and duoneb. DS didn't have a vest yet, so we did CPT.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I would doublecheck on being able to use the trek with pulmozyme. I know it can't be used with Tobi because it just doesn't have enough power -- psi.

We went to Mexico and stayed in a house, granted it wasn't a solar powered one and were able to use our Pari Proneb Ultra for tobi, pulmozyme and duoneb. DS didn't have a vest yet, so we did CPT.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />We went to Mexico and stayed in a house, granted it wasn't a solar powered one and were able to use our Pari Proneb Ultra for tobi, pulmozyme and duoneb. DS didn't have a vest yet, so we did CPT.

mag6125

I had a pari trek and you still need access to a plug to charge the battery. Personally I didnt like it because it took forever to do meds and the battery didn't last very long

mag6125

I had a pari trek and you still need access to a plug to charge the battery. Personally I didnt like it because it took forever to do meds and the battery didn't last very long

mag6125

Beccamom

My DD does not have a CF Dx yet, but we bought the Omron 73NEU22V Micro Air Electronic Nebulizer with Vibrating Mesh Technology (VMT) for "Asthma" meds. I don't recommend it. It advertizes 5 to 6 minutes for albuterol and takes 15 to 20 minutes. For Duoneb it took 20 minutes and kept stopping. Batteries only seem to last for about 8 to 10 treatments. The upside is that it is completely silent and takes AA batteries. When I was looking for a portable nebulizer I noticed that they all seem to list medicines that have been tested to work in them. I noticed that VMT nebs cannot be used with many of the CF drugs.

Beccamom

My DD does not have a CF Dx yet, but we bought the Omron 73NEU22V Micro Air Electronic Nebulizer with Vibrating Mesh Technology (VMT) for "Asthma" meds. I don't recommend it. It advertizes 5 to 6 minutes for albuterol and takes 15 to 20 minutes. For Duoneb it took 20 minutes and kept stopping. Batteries only seem to last for about 8 to 10 treatments. The upside is that it is completely silent and takes AA batteries. When I was looking for a portable nebulizer I noticed that they all seem to list medicines that have been tested to work in them. I noticed that VMT nebs cannot be used with many of the CF drugs.

Beccamom

lilismom

We ended up renting a p lace that has a backup generator so we can use her regular compressor. We did decide to leave the bulky vest at home and will be doing manual cpt and flutter while we are on vacation.

lilismom

We ended up renting a p lace that has a backup generator so we can use her regular compressor. We did decide to leave the bulky vest at home and will be doing manual cpt and flutter while we are on vacation.

lilismom

bubbleville

We've tried Pari Trek and Omron's 73NEU22V. Pari is an absolute garbage; takes ages, loud, vibrates even on a pillow and the battery constantly needs recharging. The omron is excellent in all above aspects except for speed...Takes appr 12 min for pulmozyme and 38 for tobi but it weights nothing, extremely small and absolutely silent. Also, on a downside it looks very fragileand I'm constantly afraid that it might break so I'm keeping a back-up one (although never happened during 6 month use).

If anybody knows a better one (small, silent, abttery operated and FAST) please share!!!

bubbleville

We've tried Pari Trek and Omron's 73NEU22V. Pari is an absolute garbage; takes ages, loud, vibrates even on a pillow and the battery constantly needs recharging. The omron is excellent in all above aspects except for speed...Takes appr 12 min for pulmozyme and 38 for tobi but it weights nothing, extremely small and absolutely silent. Also, on a downside it looks very fragileand I'm constantly afraid that it might break so I'm keeping a back-up one (although never happened during 6 month use).

If anybody knows a better one (small, silent, abttery operated and FAST) please share!!!