beauty secrets

Skye

OK...I know this is vain...but, hey I am over 40 now and I need help. I had a rough day yesterday and I looked like I had a rough day. Do any of you have some good beauty secrets to use for those not so great days. I always find if I feel kind of fresh looking I don't feel as sick.

For example, I always bring my own jammies to the hospital and I feel much better. I try to keep a simple hairstyle so if I don't have time to do it it does not look like garbage. So here is my list and please add if you like:

Mary Kay under eye cream at night for dark circles FAB!! $10?
Any intense moisturizers....Eucerin
Mary Kay intense moisturizer....this one is about $30, ughh
keeping a simple haircut
I also have a little ponytail hair piece that matches my color for days that I just can't do my hair
Carmex!!!
nail color that drys fast

If you all have any hair suggestions for getting all that antibiotic buildup out of hair or an easy style. Or any suggestions for face color on those low O2 days or gray days.

I am also adding a link for some really good cheap beauty secrets on MSN that I like. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-look/makeup-skin-care-hair/staticslideshowcosmo.aspx?cp-documentid=16639252&imageindex=12
">http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-...6639252&imageindex=12
</a>
Please ADD

Skye

OK...I know this is vain...but, hey I am over 40 now and I need help. I had a rough day yesterday and I looked like I had a rough day. Do any of you have some good beauty secrets to use for those not so great days. I always find if I feel kind of fresh looking I don't feel as sick.

For example, I always bring my own jammies to the hospital and I feel much better. I try to keep a simple hairstyle so if I don't have time to do it it does not look like garbage. So here is my list and please add if you like:

keeping a simple haircut
I also have a little ponytail hair piece that matches my color for days that I just can't do my hair
Carmex!!!

If you all have any hair suggestions for getting all that antibiotic buildup out of hair or an easy style. Or any suggestions for face color on those low O2 days or gray days.

I am also adding a link for some really good cheap beauty secrets on MSN that I like. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-look/makeup-skin-care-hair/staticslideshowcosmo.aspx?cp-documentid=16639252&imageindex=12
</a>
Please ADD

Skye

keeping a simple haircut
Carmex!!!

</a>
Please ADD

Skye

keeping a simple haircut
Carmex!!!

</a>
Please ADD

Skye

<br />
<br />For example, I always bring my own jammies to the hospital and I feel much better. I try to keep a simple hairstyle so if I don't have time to do it it does not look like garbage. So here is my list and please add if you like:
<br />
<br />Mary Kay under eye cream at night for dark circles FAB!! $10?
<br />Any intense moisturizers....Eucerin
<br />Mary Kay intense moisturizer....this one is about $30, ughh
<br />keeping a simple haircut
<br />I also have a little ponytail hair piece that matches my color for days that I just can't do my hair
<br />Carmex!!!
<br />nail color that drys fast
<br />
<br />If you all have any hair suggestions for getting all that antibiotic buildup out of hair or an easy style. Or any suggestions for face color on those low O2 days or gray days.
<br />
<br />I am also adding a link for some really good cheap beauty secrets on MSN that I like. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-look/makeup-skin-care-hair/staticslideshowcosmo.aspx?cp-documentid=16639252&imageindex=12
</a><br />
<br />Please ADD

MicheleGazelle

I'm pretty picky when I shop for clothes. I won't buy polyester and certain other materials that I just don't feel as well in. I wear a lot of knit tops in part because they look okay without being ironed. Everything has to be easy to take care of yet still pass dress code for my job at a large company. It doesn't have to be expensive to look good. I buy most of my clothes at Kmart. But paying attention to details of color, style and ease of care help make me look passable most of the time in spite of having little energy for fussing with my appearance.

EDIT: I will recommend the book "David Kibbe's Metamorphosis" for anyone struggling to figure out what looks good on them.

I also keep a simple (and very short) hairstyle. My hair is naturally curly and can be quite unruly if it is longer. Keeping it short helps keep it neat, in spite of itself, and I think I breathe better with shorter hair. I think long hair tends to pick up pollen and dust and the like. And it's just more work and I don't have the time and energy for it.

MicheleGazelle

I'm pretty picky when I shop for clothes. I won't buy polyester and certain other materials that I just don't feel as well in. I wear a lot of knit tops in part because they look okay without being ironed. Everything has to be easy to take care of yet still pass dress code for my job at a large company. It doesn't have to be expensive to look good. I buy most of my clothes at Kmart. But paying attention to details of color, style and ease of care help make me look passable most of the time in spite of having little energy for fussing with my appearance.

EDIT: I will recommend the book "David Kibbe's Metamorphosis" for anyone struggling to figure out what looks good on them.

I also keep a simple (and very short) hairstyle. My hair is naturally curly and can be quite unruly if it is longer. Keeping it short helps keep it neat, in spite of itself, and I think I breathe better with shorter hair. I think long hair tends to pick up pollen and dust and the like. And it's just more work and I don't have the time and energy for it.

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

<br />
<br />EDIT: I will recommend the book "David Kibbe's Metamorphosis" for anyone struggling to figure out what looks good on them.
<br />
<br />I also keep a simple (and very short) hairstyle. My hair is naturally curly and can be quite unruly if it is longer. Keeping it short helps keep it neat, in spite of itself, and I think I breathe better with shorter hair. I think long hair tends to pick up pollen and dust and the like. And it's just more work and I don't have the time and energy for it.

jaimers

Super Moderator
i use vaseline under my eyes before bed because the skin around my eyes gets soooooo dry. i also use clinique moisture surge gel/lotion on my face everyday usually in addition to another moisturizer with spf.

on days when i'm looking really sickly and pale and don't feel up to doing full makeup i use a tinted moisturizer. gives me some color and light coverage and since i'm putting on moisturizer anyway it skips a step!

Hair--my hair gets greasy pretty fast and its blond so the grease shows (ugh hate this) so on days i don't want to wash my hair or if i'm in the hospital and just don't feel like it i use baby powder (unscented--don't want to smell like a baby's butt!) at the roots and tease them ever so slightly and that is usually passable for that day.

as for the chemical/product/medicine buildup Paul Mitchell Shampoo 3 is phenominal. I used that when i was swimming year round and it takes the chlorine out but also gets rid of other kinds of buildup on your hair.
i ran out of that and there was a Redkin product on sale so i bought that and am happy with the results of that as well--its called Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo.

also NARS brand makeup makes a blush called Orgasm thats is flattering on all skin colors. its so great! and thats easy to just swipe a little on to give me some color to perk up my face....
for chapstick i use Burts Bees pomegranate replenishing lip balm. its hot pink but since its a balm it adds just a hint of pretty color and moisturizes.
to wake up tired eyes i use a navy blue mascara instead of black or brown. my eyes are blue so it makes them look brighter and more intense in color and i think that makes me look more awake. also putting some white/cream shimmery shadow at the inner corners of your eye and along the brow bone help to wake up your eyes....

i got some very dark wash jeans in a bootcut style that is flattering. dark wash jeans are universally flattering and slimming and so on days when i can't put forth much effort i throw those on....who are we kidding here--i love them so much i have multiple pairs and wear them almost everyday hahahaha

little shift dresses are nice too because they can be dressed up or down and look great with flipflops or heels, etc. and you can get cute ones at target, gap, etc.

jaimers

Super Moderator
i use vaseline under my eyes before bed because the skin around my eyes gets soooooo dry. i also use clinique moisture surge gel/lotion on my face everyday usually in addition to another moisturizer with spf.

on days when i'm looking really sickly and pale and don't feel up to doing full makeup i use a tinted moisturizer. gives me some color and light coverage and since i'm putting on moisturizer anyway it skips a step!

Hair--my hair gets greasy pretty fast and its blond so the grease shows (ugh hate this) so on days i don't want to wash my hair or if i'm in the hospital and just don't feel like it i use baby powder (unscented--don't want to smell like a baby's butt!) at the roots and tease them ever so slightly and that is usually passable for that day.

as for the chemical/product/medicine buildup Paul Mitchell Shampoo 3 is phenominal. I used that when i was swimming year round and it takes the chlorine out but also gets rid of other kinds of buildup on your hair.
i ran out of that and there was a Redkin product on sale so i bought that and am happy with the results of that as well--its called Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo.

also NARS brand makeup makes a blush called Orgasm thats is flattering on all skin colors. its so great! and thats easy to just swipe a little on to give me some color to perk up my face....
for chapstick i use Burts Bees pomegranate replenishing lip balm. its hot pink but since its a balm it adds just a hint of pretty color and moisturizes.
to wake up tired eyes i use a navy blue mascara instead of black or brown. my eyes are blue so it makes them look brighter and more intense in color and i think that makes me look more awake. also putting some white/cream shimmery shadow at the inner corners of your eye and along the brow bone help to wake up your eyes....

i got some very dark wash jeans in a bootcut style that is flattering. dark wash jeans are universally flattering and slimming and so on days when i can't put forth much effort i throw those on....who are we kidding here--i love them so much i have multiple pairs and wear them almost everyday hahahaha

little shift dresses are nice too because they can be dressed up or down and look great with flipflops or heels, etc. and you can get cute ones at target, gap, etc.

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator
<br />
<br />on days when i'm looking really sickly and pale and don't feel up to doing full makeup i use a tinted moisturizer. gives me some color and light coverage and since i'm putting on moisturizer anyway it skips a step!
<br />
<br />Hair--my hair gets greasy pretty fast and its blond so the grease shows (ugh hate this) so on days i don't want to wash my hair or if i'm in the hospital and just don't feel like it i use baby powder (unscented--don't want to smell like a baby's butt!) at the roots and tease them ever so slightly and that is usually passable for that day.
<br />
<br />as for the chemical/product/medicine buildup Paul Mitchell Shampoo 3 is phenominal. I used that when i was swimming year round and it takes the chlorine out but also gets rid of other kinds of buildup on your hair.
<br />i ran out of that and there was a Redkin product on sale so i bought that and am happy with the results of that as well--its called Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo.
<br />
<br />also NARS brand makeup makes a blush called Orgasm thats is flattering on all skin colors. its so great! and thats easy to just swipe a little on to give me some color to perk up my face....
<br />for chapstick i use Burts Bees pomegranate replenishing lip balm. its hot pink but since its a balm it adds just a hint of pretty color and moisturizes.
<br />to wake up tired eyes i use a navy blue mascara instead of black or brown. my eyes are blue so it makes them look brighter and more intense in color and i think that makes me look more awake. also putting some white/cream shimmery shadow at the inner corners of your eye and along the brow bone help to wake up your eyes....
<br />
<br />i got some very dark wash jeans in a bootcut style that is flattering. dark wash jeans are universally flattering and slimming and so on days when i can't put forth much effort i throw those on....who are we kidding here--i love them so much i have multiple pairs and wear them almost everyday hahahaha
<br />
<br />little shift dresses are nice too because they can be dressed up or down and look great with flipflops or heels, etc. and you can get cute ones at target, gap, etc.

Skye

Wow.....that never occurred to me that long hair would do that.....but, you are right. It also takes more spray...more fuss.....more asthmatic beauty products. Good thought! I like the no fuss clothes idea! I try to stick to that and make a mistake sometimes and then never wear it again.

Skye

Wow.....that never occurred to me that long hair would do that.....but, you are right. It also takes more spray...more fuss.....more asthmatic beauty products. Good thought! I like the no fuss clothes idea! I try to stick to that and make a mistake sometimes and then never wear it again.

Skye

Skye

Skye