Bek cultured Achromobacter

RebekahsMom

We found out that Bek has cultured Achromobacter. After looking it up on Google, I have to try to find out what strain she has. It might still be to early to know, but I'll see what I can find out. Her nurse came in earlier and showed me a note that was written - Achromobacter sp. rare gram neg. rods. I'm assuming the sp. stands for species, but not sure, and I'm not even going to pretend I know what 'gram negative rods' means. Hopefully I'll be able to find out more info when they make their rounds tomorrow afternoon. I do know that they will probably be starting her on Bactrim, even though they said they don't normally treat it.

Has anyone cultured achromobacter? Did it get treated? Were there specific symptoms that are associated with it? Any information would be great. What I've seen so far has all been medical scientific terminology.

RebekahsMom

We found out that Bek has cultured Achromobacter. After looking it up on Google, I have to try to find out what strain she has. It might still be to early to know, but I'll see what I can find out. Her nurse came in earlier and showed me a note that was written - Achromobacter sp. rare gram neg. rods. I'm assuming the sp. stands for species, but not sure, and I'm not even going to pretend I know what 'gram negative rods' means. Hopefully I'll be able to find out more info when they make their rounds tomorrow afternoon. I do know that they will probably be starting her on Bactrim, even though they said they don't normally treat it.

Has anyone cultured achromobacter? Did it get treated? Were there specific symptoms that are associated with it? Any information would be great. What I've seen so far has all been medical scientific terminology.

RebekahsMom

RebekahsMom

RebekahsMom

<br />We found out that Bek has cultured Achromobacter. After looking it up on Google, I have to try to find out what strain she has. It might still be to early to know, but I'll see what I can find out. Her nurse came in earlier and showed me a note that was written - Achromobacter sp. rare gram neg. rods. I'm assuming the sp. stands for species, but not sure, and I'm not even going to pretend I know what 'gram negative rods' means. Hopefully I'll be able to find out more info when they make their rounds tomorrow afternoon. I do know that they will probably be starting her on Bactrim, even though they said they don't normally treat it.
<br />
<br />Has anyone cultured achromobacter? Did it get treated? Were there specific symptoms that are associated with it? Any information would be great. What I've seen so far has all been medical scientific terminology.
<br />