Bek's newest update

RebekahsMom

After 22 days in lock down (she couldn't leave her room except for PFT's and x-ray), WE ARE HOME!! We got released yesterday afternoon, and it felt so good to be able to relax in my own home!

They sent her home with a Bactrim order, and a Mucomyst order. Her team doesn't usually use the Mucomyst, but when I brought it up, they agreed to give it a try and she was able to bring up even more gunk. The green gunky mucous has now changed to yellow, so the extra week of IV Vanc did her a lot of good.

Hopefully we won't have to back to Club Med for a long, long time! We do have to go back to clinic for a follow-up on 2/8, and she will have to get the 2nd H1N1 shot, but since she did so good getting the 1st one, I think she'll be ok.

I also met a few other CFers while we were there, Daniel, Hubie (sp?) and his mom, and Rosie and her mom. They were all still there when we left, and hopefully they will be out of there soon!

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that Bek is home, and was ready to go to school today! She showed off the dressing that was covering where her picc line was. She thought it was really cool since there was just a little bit of blood that seeped through the gauze.

RebekahsMom

After 22 days in lock down (she couldn't leave her room except for PFT's and x-ray), WE ARE HOME!! We got released yesterday afternoon, and it felt so good to be able to relax in my own home!

They sent her home with a Bactrim order, and a Mucomyst order. Her team doesn't usually use the Mucomyst, but when I brought it up, they agreed to give it a try and she was able to bring up even more gunk. The green gunky mucous has now changed to yellow, so the extra week of IV Vanc did her a lot of good.

Hopefully we won't have to back to Club Med for a long, long time! We do have to go back to clinic for a follow-up on 2/8, and she will have to get the 2nd H1N1 shot, but since she did so good getting the 1st one, I think she'll be ok.

I also met a few other CFers while we were there, Daniel, Hubie (sp?) and his mom, and Rosie and her mom. They were all still there when we left, and hopefully they will be out of there soon!

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that Bek is home, and was ready to go to school today! She showed off the dressing that was covering where her picc line was. She thought it was really cool since there was just a little bit of blood that seeped through the gauze.

RebekahsMom

RebekahsMom

RebekahsMom

<br />After 22 days in lock down (she couldn't leave her room except for PFT's and x-ray), WE ARE HOME!! We got released yesterday afternoon, and it felt so good to be able to relax in my own home!
<br />
<br />They sent her home with a Bactrim order, and a Mucomyst order. Her team doesn't usually use the Mucomyst, but when I brought it up, they agreed to give it a try and she was able to bring up even more gunk. The green gunky mucous has now changed to yellow, so the extra week of IV Vanc did her a lot of good.
<br />
<br />Hopefully we won't have to back to Club Med for a long, long time! We do have to go back to clinic for a follow-up on 2/8, and she will have to get the 2nd H1N1 shot, but since she did so good getting the 1st one, I think she'll be ok.
<br />
<br />I also met a few other CFers while we were there, Daniel, Hubie (sp?) and his mom, and Rosie and her mom. They were all still there when we left, and hopefully they will be out of there soon!
<br />
<br />Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that Bek is home, and was ready to go to school today! She showed off the dressing that was covering where her picc line was. She thought it was really cool since there was just a little bit of blood that seeped through the gauze.
<br />

M

Mommafirst

I'm so glad to hear that you are finally home and that Bek is showing some great improvement. 22 days is a really long time to be in, you must be so happy to be home. I imagine you took a very long, hot shower, to counteract all those days in the hospital showers. Thanks for the update, and I'm sending thoughts to your new CF friends that they get to go home soon as well.

M

Mommafirst

I'm so glad to hear that you are finally home and that Bek is showing some great improvement. 22 days is a really long time to be in, you must be so happy to be home. I imagine you took a very long, hot shower, to counteract all those days in the hospital showers. Thanks for the update, and I'm sending thoughts to your new CF friends that they get to go home soon as well.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst