Benefit Dinner

3gr8kids

We live in NY. I went last night to get some enzymes co-pay 120.00..last week Cipro 85.00 & Xopenex by neb 65.00.....I unfortunately cannot get any help financially and we have consolidated bills.....Sold our boat and home on the lake this summer....Pulmozyme 400.00 month....I am living like you guys just for copays and seems like grocerys are coming 2nd....Brent is having surg on Thurs and 2 more presc for that....WOW......THIS MONSTER IS HURTING US!!!!! And to top it off Kaley is having a Bronch and my husb is being tested for CF......Some days (ie today) i just want to CRY.....thx for the replies and listening...the only way i can get help is to quit my JOB b/c then he would qualify for state ins...18.00 per month....However i dont want to be a failure....

3gr8kids

We live in NY. I went last night to get some enzymes co-pay 120.00..last week Cipro 85.00 & Xopenex by neb 65.00.....I unfortunately cannot get any help financially and we have consolidated bills.....Sold our boat and home on the lake this summer....Pulmozyme 400.00 month....I am living like you guys just for copays and seems like grocerys are coming 2nd....Brent is having surg on Thurs and 2 more presc for that....WOW......THIS MONSTER IS HURTING US!!!!! And to top it off Kaley is having a Bronch and my husb is being tested for CF......Some days (ie today) i just want to CRY.....thx for the replies and listening...the only way i can get help is to quit my JOB b/c then he would qualify for state ins...18.00 per month....However i dont want to be a failure....

3gr8kids

3gr8kids

3gr8kids

nicole781

have you talked to your social worker at your cf clinic? they sometimes know of programs that can help.
I know in PA, a child with CF is covered under medicare/medicaid (i can never remember which one is which) until they are 18, no matter what the household income is. So for us, there are non copays for anything.....meds or doctor visits.....at least so far it has been a godsend, because we probably wouldn't qualify for many other programs.
i would've never known about it if it wasn't for my social worker, so I would check and see what your's knows and what your state offers.
If all else fails....come move to PA! lol

nicole781

have you talked to your social worker at your cf clinic? they sometimes know of programs that can help.
I know in PA, a child with CF is covered under medicare/medicaid (i can never remember which one is which) until they are 18, no matter what the household income is. So for us, there are non copays for anything.....meds or doctor visits.....at least so far it has been a godsend, because we probably wouldn't qualify for many other programs.
i would've never known about it if it wasn't for my social worker, so I would check and see what your's knows and what your state offers.

nicole781

nicole781

nicole781

Alyssa

Another option might be to look for employment with a better health care package.... my husband's coverage (Cigna) with FedEx covered everything (including Tobi and Pulmozyme) for only $30 copay. My current policy with Medco (if I can get my son on) will cover for something like $30 or $40. and my daughter's new insurance from Healthnet of OR is picking up her pulmozyme for about the same thing... something in the $30 to $45 copay amount.

The larger employers are able to afford the better policies with lower copays. Others have also recommended certain government jobs with policies that cover well too.

Alyssa

Another option might be to look for employment with a better health care package.... my husband's coverage (Cigna) with FedEx covered everything (including Tobi and Pulmozyme) for only $30 copay. My current policy with Medco (if I can get my son on) will cover for something like $30 or $40. and my daughter's new insurance from Healthnet of OR is picking up her pulmozyme for about the same thing... something in the $30 to $45 copay amount.

The larger employers are able to afford the better policies with lower copays. Others have also recommended certain government jobs with policies that cover well too.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

Mathews

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cff.org/LivingWithCF/AssistancePrograms/#Federal_and_State_Assistance_Programs">Try this link for assitance programs</a>

Above click on the link for assitance programs. Also, Beth Sufian can be very helpful in helping families finding resources. Her contact info. is:

Beth Sufian
Email: bethsufian@aol.com
PH: (800) 622-0385
Website: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cff.org/LivingWithCF/CFLegalHotline/">CF Hotline website</a>
I hope this information is helpful.

Mathews

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cff.org/LivingWithCF/AssistancePrograms/#Federal_and_State_Assistance_Programs">Try this link for assitance programs</a>

Above click on the link for assitance programs. Also, Beth Sufian can be very helpful in helping families finding resources. Her contact info. is:

Beth Sufian
Website: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cff.org/LivingWithCF/CFLegalHotline/">CF Hotline website</a>

Mathews

Beth Sufian

Mathews

Beth Sufian

Mathews

Beth Sufian