Best portable o2 concentrator?

imported_Momto2

Hi. I'm going to be traveling a fair amount this year and need a portable oxygen concentrator that MUST go up to 3L continuous, preferable 5L if that's possible. Also looking for lightweight and durable. I'd love it if folks would chime in with advice!!! Thanks so much. ;)

nmw0615

Thank you!

I'm planning a cruise next May/June to celebrate both my sister and I graduating from college. As it stands right now, when I'm healthy I'm just on nighttime oxygen. Obviously, things could change between now and then, but I'm wondering if anyone has cruised while on oxygen, and how you managed. My thinking is that bringing a portable oxygen concentrator would work best, but I'd like to see if anyone has experience.

C

Cale Gilley

I have a Phillips SimplyGo it does 1-4 pulse per dose and only 1-2 continuous flow I know thats not what you were looking for importe_momto2. nmw0615 I also only use mine at night as of now I went on a cruise last year I took this POC with me and we just made sure that the cruise line knew we were bringing it on. Whatever you get when you fly or go on a cruise you have to contact them and tell them what your planning on doing. Sorry I'm no of more help I'm about to go on a motorcycle trip across USA east coast to west coast I've been looking at the Inogen One G3 its smaller than my Phillips SimplyGo but its only pulse per dose 1-4 liter but it only is 5.7lbs with bigger battery and 5lbs with the smaller one. I have to talk to my doctor still if this will be enough at night they have me doing continuous at night so I'm not sure if it will be. Ask your doctor if they have any suggestions thats what I'm going to do.

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
I used liquid oxygen. Comes in a huge tank and you use that to refill your portable tank. My portable tank was small enough to fit in a mini backpack. Wasn't that heavy. I was tiny. Only 75 lbs. Lasted between 5-5.5 hours when I used it on 3 liters. The oxygen only blasted in your nose as you took a breath. Went up to 5 maybe 6 liters. I hated the blasting feeling at first but when you're gasping for air it's easy to adjust to. Now that I think of it, lasting 5 hours isn't very long at all. I hope there are some better options out there today. That was 8 years ago.

Liza

I'm a little late on chiming in here but thought I'd add anyway. It's a bit difficult to find a lightweight portable that is a continuous flow going higher than 2 or 3. I believe the Sequal does do continuous but it's not small. Liquid is a great alternative but many companies are going away from it because of the cost. I tried looking for that as well. (we live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and couldn't find anyone to supply it). My daughter just went on oxygen full time in Jan. after a full right lung collapse and just couldn't deal with the pulse dose that our other daughter's portable gave. With that said, we were recommended to try the Inogen One by the RT who said another CF'er raved about his new machine. We consulted with them, they explained their smart pulse system and given a 30 trial if she didn't like it or tolerate it. We purchased the G2 which can be used 24hrs., she loves it! They also have a home concentrator that I am seriously considering purchasing as well because it is so much smaller and she has to travel, many times over night to her CF appointments and the one she has from Apria is super heavy. Any way.... Take a look at the Inogen One portable concentrator, it might meet your needs.