Best way to make sure babies get all their Enzymes?

S

shazie81

My son is 5 months old and has been taking Enzymes since he was a month and a half. And we always loose some underneath the nipple of the bottle. I want to make sure that he gets them all so he gets all the nutrition from his bottle. Any help on keeping them all in?

S

shazie81

My son is 5 months old and has been taking Enzymes since he was a month and a half. And we always loose some underneath the nipple of the bottle. I want to make sure that he gets them all so he gets all the nutrition from his bottle. Any help on keeping them all in?

S

shazie81

S

shazie81

S

shazie81

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We found that baby food bananas were stickier --- stuck to the spoon and the enzymes would stick better to them. Pears were known to slide off the spoon and disappear.

We slid the spoon into DS' mouth and quickly followed with the bottle. I'd aim for the roof of his mouth 'cuz that residual defense mechanism of the tongue pushing thing out tended to cause the babyfood to get on his chin. And if some slid out of his mouth while feeding him, I'd push them to the top of the nipple on the bottle with my finger. Usually he'd wash them all down with the first couple of drinks though.

I'd still find some of the beads on the floor from time to time. The WORST ones were the pancreacarb he was on for about 2 weeks -- like grains of sand we'd find everywhere -- on his bib, in his clothing, in our hair, on the floor. When we switched to pancrease mt-4s the beads were bigger and easier to keep track of.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We found that baby food bananas were stickier --- stuck to the spoon and the enzymes would stick better to them. Pears were known to slide off the spoon and disappear.

We slid the spoon into DS' mouth and quickly followed with the bottle. I'd aim for the roof of his mouth 'cuz that residual defense mechanism of the tongue pushing thing out tended to cause the babyfood to get on his chin. And if some slid out of his mouth while feeding him, I'd push them to the top of the nipple on the bottle with my finger. Usually he'd wash them all down with the first couple of drinks though.

I'd still find some of the beads on the floor from time to time. The WORST ones were the pancreacarb he was on for about 2 weeks -- like grains of sand we'd find everywhere -- on his bib, in his clothing, in our hair, on the floor. When we switched to pancrease mt-4s the beads were bigger and easier to keep track of.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />We slid the spoon into DS' mouth and quickly followed with the bottle. I'd aim for the roof of his mouth 'cuz that residual defense mechanism of the tongue pushing thing out tended to cause the babyfood to get on his chin. And if some slid out of his mouth while feeding him, I'd push them to the top of the nipple on the bottle with my finger. Usually he'd wash them all down with the first couple of drinks though.
<br />
<br />I'd still find some of the beads on the floor from time to time. The WORST ones were the pancreacarb he was on for about 2 weeks -- like grains of sand we'd find everywhere -- on his bib, in his clothing, in our hair, on the floor. When we switched to pancrease mt-4s the beads were bigger and easier to keep track of.

kitomd21

We find those darn beads EVERYWHERE! Just when you think they've gone down, they pop up on the couch, floor, bed, in the diaper!! We put them on Ellie's tongue then depress the bottle nipple so some squirts onto her tongue and washes the beads to the back of her throat. Hopefully she gets them down once she actually starts nursing/feeding!

kitomd21

We find those darn beads EVERYWHERE! Just when you think they've gone down, they pop up on the couch, floor, bed, in the diaper!! We put them on Ellie's tongue then depress the bottle nipple so some squirts onto her tongue and washes the beads to the back of her throat. Hopefully she gets them down once she actually starts nursing/feeding!

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

PlumPerfect

I found at the health food store papya puree that is nice orange color, anyway we use a little plastic cup, like you would get a sample of something in. we put the enzyme in it then mix in a baby spoons worth of papya puree( use what ever you use) this way we can give it to him in about 4 small bits (he is only 3 months)but this helps alot then we can control it better then we do a quick neck roll and mouth check then we give the bottle, this way he deff. has them down.

PlumPerfect

I found at the health food store papya puree that is nice orange color, anyway we use a little plastic cup, like you would get a sample of something in. we put the enzyme in it then mix in a baby spoons worth of papya puree( use what ever you use) this way we can give it to him in about 4 small bits (he is only 3 months)but this helps alot then we can control it better then we do a quick neck roll and mouth check then we give the bottle, this way he deff. has them down.

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect