biaxin

Emeraldmirror

I have taken things like tobramycin and gentomycin before so i know i'm not allergic to that family of drugs but last week i went to emerg. cause i had severe chest pains.. it hurt to take a deep breath it hurt to move it hurt to walk i could lay down and it was like that for about 5 hours.. so i went... anyway .. basically they said that it was an infection after x rays and blood work.. so instead of the normal cipro zithro combo.. she gave me cipro and biaxin (clarithromycin 500mg) about 4 days after taking it i started to get this gross bitter like taste in my mouth which litterally tastes like i just ate a dandelion (you know when youpicked them when you were little and the white sap that got on your hands.. maybe you forgot to wash them and put your hands in your mouth for an aweful surprise but yeah i have that in my mouth and it usually occurs about an houra fter i take it and i can't get rid of it.. i brush my teeth so many times and try gargleing with mouth wash and everythig.. i did look up the drug and it didn't mention that as a side effect so i was wondering if anyone else had this problem before i call the pharmacist... (since he probably reads it off the computer anyway and will tell me the same thing) but i don't think it's a allergic reaction cause there is no rash or swelling or anything like that.. so i'm curious

Ashley 22 w/cf

Emeraldmirror

I have taken things like tobramycin and gentomycin before so i know i'm not allergic to that family of drugs but last week i went to emerg. cause i had severe chest pains.. it hurt to take a deep breath it hurt to move it hurt to walk i could lay down and it was like that for about 5 hours.. so i went... anyway .. basically they said that it was an infection after x rays and blood work.. so instead of the normal cipro zithro combo.. she gave me cipro and biaxin (clarithromycin 500mg) about 4 days after taking it i started to get this gross bitter like taste in my mouth which litterally tastes like i just ate a dandelion (you know when youpicked them when you were little and the white sap that got on your hands.. maybe you forgot to wash them and put your hands in your mouth for an aweful surprise but yeah i have that in my mouth and it usually occurs about an houra fter i take it and i can't get rid of it.. i brush my teeth so many times and try gargleing with mouth wash and everythig.. i did look up the drug and it didn't mention that as a side effect so i was wondering if anyone else had this problem before i call the pharmacist... (since he probably reads it off the computer anyway and will tell me the same thing) but i don't think it's a allergic reaction cause there is no rash or swelling or anything like that.. so i'm curious

Ashley 22 w/cf

Emeraldmirror

Ashley 22 w/cf

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Years ago I was put on biaxin for pneumonia and my mouth tasted like metal. Bleah. Mentioned it to the doctor and he thought I was insane. So I figured it was just all the nastiness I was coughing up. A few days later, I was talking to a friend of mine who is a chemist at pharmaceutical company. One of the side effects is metallic taste. Don't worry. It goes away.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Years ago I was put on biaxin for pneumonia and my mouth tasted like metal. Bleah. Mentioned it to the doctor and he thought I was insane. So I figured it was just all the nastiness I was coughing up. A few days later, I was talking to a friend of mine who is a chemist at pharmaceutical company. One of the side effects is metallic taste. Don't worry. It goes away.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

NoExcuses

www.biaxin.com

look at the PI

biaxin has an 18% rate of taste perversion. the drug is secreted through your salavary glands so you won't be able to get rid of the taste no matter what you eat or how often you rinse your mouth out.

NoExcuses

www.biaxin.com

look at the PI

biaxin has an 18% rate of taste perversion. the drug is secreted through your salavary glands so you won't be able to get rid of the taste no matter what you eat or how often you rinse your mouth out.

NoExcuses

www.biaxin.com

look at the PI