Bilirubin Levels

NanaKay

Anyone had experience with high bilirubin levels? My granddaughter is now 8 weeks old with CF and they say her levels are high.

NanaKay

Anyone had experience with high bilirubin levels? My granddaughter is now 8 weeks old with CF and they say her levels are high.

NanaKay

NanaKay

NanaKay

S

sdelorenzo

Yes, it is common in cf kids. Did she have meconium illeus or tpn? Those tend to cause liver problems. My son was placed on ursodoil at a few weeks of age due to high liver enzymes. While his liver seems fine 5 yrs later, he is still on ursodiol.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

Yes, it is common in cf kids. Did she have meconium illeus or tpn? Those tend to cause liver problems. My son was placed on ursodoil at a few weeks of age due to high liver enzymes. While his liver seems fine 5 yrs later, he is still on ursodiol.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf

NanaKay

Yes, she had meconium ileus and they just performed the operation to put her back together. She was eating fine and today they've cut her feeding amount back because she is spitting up a lot. Also her bilirubin levels are high. She has been on and off the TPN. She has been off of it for 2 days this time. When they did her surgery, they took a piece of her liver to analyze. She had hepatitis, but they said her liver was ok. Is it common to have high levels of bilirubin. They said her bile ducts were normal size.

NanaKay

Yes, she had meconium ileus and they just performed the operation to put her back together. She was eating fine and today they've cut her feeding amount back because she is spitting up a lot. Also her bilirubin levels are high. She has been on and off the TPN. She has been off of it for 2 days this time. When they did her surgery, they took a piece of her liver to analyze. She had hepatitis, but they said her liver was ok. Is it common to have high levels of bilirubin. They said her bile ducts were normal size.

NanaKay

NanaKay

NanaKay

NanaOf8Girls

That was normal for Grayson, up until about a month ago. Up and down with the bilirubin numbers. They told us that with CF the mucus affected her gallbladder and could cause those numbers to go up. After 4 months the numbers finally came down for good. She just recently came off the TPN, which will also affect the liver.

NanaOf8Girls

That was normal for Grayson, up until about a month ago. Up and down with the bilirubin numbers. They told us that with CF the mucus affected her gallbladder and could cause those numbers to go up. After 4 months the numbers finally came down for good. She just recently came off the TPN, which will also affect the liver.

NanaOf8Girls

NanaOf8Girls

NanaOf8Girls