Biopsi Tomorrow

Cojean62

So I went to the doctor for the sixth time this month last Friday. He took a look and he believes that the acid in my body has produced Cancer. He ordered a Biopsi tomorrow to have a look and see what needs to be done. If it's not Cancer then there is a possibility the Acid Reflux surgery I had when I was two has come undone. Then next Wednesday I have to go in so I can get my liver, pancreas, and stomach checked out. I might have to have surgery again on more then one thing this time. I'm scared that I might have Cancer and I really don't know what I'm supposed to do with it.
No one in my family has ever had CF nor Cancer so this is all new to us. Can someone please tell me what I can expect from Cancer with CF? I'm just scared that it might kill me.....

Cojean62

So I went to the doctor for the sixth time this month last Friday. He took a look and he believes that the acid in my body has produced Cancer. He ordered a Biopsi tomorrow to have a look and see what needs to be done. If it's not Cancer then there is a possibility the Acid Reflux surgery I had when I was two has come undone. Then next Wednesday I have to go in so I can get my liver, pancreas, and stomach checked out. I might have to have surgery again on more then one thing this time. I'm scared that I might have Cancer and I really don't know what I'm supposed to do with it.
No one in my family has ever had CF nor Cancer so this is all new to us. Can someone please tell me what I can expect from Cancer with CF? I'm just scared that it might kill me.....

Cojean62

<p>So I went to the doctor for the sixth time this month last Friday. He took a look and he believes that the acid in my body has produced Cancer. He ordered a Biopsi tomorrow to have a look and see what needs to be done. If it's not Cancer then there is a possibility the Acid Reflux surgery I had when I was two has come undone. Then next Wednesday I have to go in so I can get my liver, pancreas, and stomach checked out. I might have to have surgery again on more then one thing this time. I'm scared that I might have Cancer and I really don't know what I'm supposed to do with it.
<p>No one in my family has ever had CF nor Cancer so this is all new to us. Can someone please tell me what I can expect from Cancer with CF? I'm just scared that it might kill me.....

Orangebear

Hope all went well with the biopsy. Obviously, Cancer is worst than CF (in the sense that it kills you sooner and is slightly less forgiving) and having both at the same time would be hard, but it would definitely not be the end of the world. I read an article a couple days ago that said that basically because CFers are living longer, digestive cancers are becoming more prevalent.

Orangebear

Hope all went well with the biopsy. Obviously, Cancer is worst than CF (in the sense that it kills you sooner and is slightly less forgiving) and having both at the same time would be hard, but it would definitely not be the end of the world. I read an article a couple days ago that said that basically because CFers are living longer, digestive cancers are becoming more prevalent.

Orangebear

lilaonholiday

<P>Hello There,</P>
<P>I really hope the result of the biopsy didn't show cancer. I've just read your post but earlier today put a post up asking similar questions. I've got CF and now have cancer. I didn't know that cases were becoming more common. The surgeons here aren't sure what to do as they have only operated on a handful of cf patients with this condition and cf. Best of luck with everything.</P>

lilaonholiday

<P>Hello There,</P>
<P>I really hope the result of the biopsy didn't show cancer. I've just read your post but earlier today put a post up asking similar questions. I've got CF and now have cancer. I didn't know that cases were becoming more common. The surgeons here aren't sure what to do as they have only operated on a handful of cf patients with this condition and cf. Best of luck with everything.</P>

lilaonholiday

<P>Hello There,</P>
<P>I really hope the result of the biopsy didn't show cancer. I've just read your post but earlier today put a post up asking similar questions. I've got CF and now have cancer. I didn't know that cases were becoming more common. The surgeons here aren't sure what to do as they have only operated on a handful of cf patients with this condition and cf. Best of luck with everything.<BR></P>

azdesertrat

Sorry you had to undergo the biopsy & all the rest- hope it was negative.
It's funny, no DR ever told me that acid reflux & CF go hand in hand. I had to just suffer with acid reflux until I just couldn't take anymore.
I wish CF DR's would be a little more forthcoming & tell us what type(s) of symptoms we can expect.
Fortunately, my acid reflux is pretty much under control & has been for quite some time.
Unfortunately, it seems as if cancer & CF are 'roommates' too. I've now had to deal with melanoma.
I had to have some carved off my chest right below my lung trans scar; man was THAT painful!
I'm also now sporting a nice scar on my rt. upper lip because of melanoma. I hope all turns out well for you. Please, update us all & let us know how it all went.
May God bless & be with you...

azdesertrat

It's funny, no DR ever told me that acid reflux & CF go hand in hand. I had to just suffer with acid reflux until I just couldn't take anymore.
I wish CF DR's would be a little more forthcoming & tell us what type(s) of symptoms we can expect.
Fortunately, my acid reflux is pretty much under control & has been for quite some time.
Unfortunately, it seems as if cancer & CF are 'roommates' too. I've now had to deal with melanoma.
I had to have some carved off my chest right below my lung trans scar; man was THAT painful!
I'm also now sporting a nice scar on my rt. upper lip because of melanoma. I hope all turns out well for you. Please, update us all & let us know how it all went.
May God bless & be with you...

azdesertrat

<br />It's funny, no DR ever told me that acid reflux & CF go hand in hand. I had to just suffer with acid reflux until I just couldn't take anymore.
<br />I wish CF DR's would be a little more forthcoming & tell us what type(s) of symptoms we can expect.
<br />Fortunately, my acid reflux is pretty much under control & has been for quite some time.
<br />Unfortunately, it seems as if cancer & CF are 'roommates' too. I've now had to deal with melanoma.
<br />I had to have some carved off my chest right below my lung trans scar; man was THAT painful!
<br />I'm also now sporting a nice scar on my rt. upper lip because of melanoma. I hope all turns out well for you. Please, update us all & let us know how it all went.
<br />May God bless & be with you...

Cojean62

All the tests came back negative! I do not have Cancer! However, some other problems have came up and we're still a little unsure what it all is. Seems like CF never leaves us alone!!

Cojean62

All the tests came back negative! I do not have Cancer! However, some other problems have came up and we're still a little unsure what it all is. Seems like CF never leaves us alone!!

Cojean62