BLEH! (isolation)

marissa123

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>shallowwaters</b></i>

haha i know EXACTLY what you mean. i am currently in the hospital and the first five days i was here i was down on an isolation wing so no one was allowed out of their room. i was going crazy! i was so happy to be moved up to the regular CF floor so i could get out and walk. my primary dr that comes in and sees me wheres those yellow gowns and she never has it on right and its always falling off. i know she does that with other patients so like you said the germs are still getting in.</end quote></div>

marissa123

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>shallowwaters</b></i>

haha i know EXACTLY what you mean. i am currently in the hospital and the first five days i was here i was down on an isolation wing so no one was allowed out of their room. i was going crazy! i was so happy to be moved up to the regular CF floor so i could get out and walk. my primary dr that comes in and sees me wheres those yellow gowns and she never has it on right and its always falling off. i know she does that with other patients so like you said the germs are still getting in.</end quote></div>

marissa123

marissa123

haha i know EXACTLY what you mean. i am currently in the hospital and the first five days i was here i was down on an isolation wing so no one was allowed out of their room. i was going crazy! i was so happy to be moved up to the regular CF floor so i could get out and walk. my primary dr that comes in and sees me wheres those yellow gowns and she never has it on right and its always falling off. i know she does that with other patients so like you said the germs are still getting in.</end quote>

marissa123

<br />
<br />haha i know EXACTLY what you mean. i am currently in the hospital and the first five days i was here i was down on an isolation wing so no one was allowed out of their room. i was going crazy! i was so happy to be moved up to the regular CF floor so i could get out and walk. my primary dr that comes in and sees me wheres those yellow gowns and she never has it on right and its always falling off. i know she does that with other patients so like you said the germs are still getting in.</end quote>
<br />
<br />

rainbowroar

As a CFer AND a nurse, I can understand both sides.

The nurses try not to bring germs in and out. The gowns are to stop bugs going OUT, not really IN.

But when in the hospital, it totally sucks when you feel like an alien. I just wanted to see someone who looked normal and who didn't touch me with just drugs. They also tried to stay out of my room as much as possible so that they didn't have to do barrier protection and the like.

But it was for everyone's safety.

rainbowroar

The nurses try not to bring germs in and out. The gowns are to stop bugs going OUT, not really IN.

But when in the hospital, it totally sucks when you feel like an alien. I just wanted to see someone who looked normal and who didn't touch me with just drugs. They also tried to stay out of my room as much as possible so that they didn't have to do barrier protection and the like.

rainbowroar

rainbowroar

rainbowroar

<br />
<br />The nurses try not to bring germs in and out. The gowns are to stop bugs going OUT, not really IN.
<br />
<br />But when in the hospital, it totally sucks when you feel like an alien. I just wanted to see someone who looked normal and who didn't touch me with just drugs. They also tried to stay out of my room as much as possible so that they didn't have to do barrier protection and the like.
<br />
<br />But it was for everyone's safety.

bananagirl

omg i so agree i hate isolation though i'm in isolation b/c of mrsa but i still think it is stupid cuz i see people every day and i go through the hospital when i come for checkups. Also it goes away but unless u dont have it for like 6 yrs yr still in isolation. one time i had been cleared for long enough and i was able to leave my room and it was way better. i also got my pfts the highest ever after being in the hospital and they let me leave early so i think being able to leave the room really helps you get better faster. unfortuatly it came back and so im stuck in isolation agian. i'm in the hospital right now and u no i have been here for 2 days and i'm pretty darn sick of these four walls. the worst part for me is that i don't even feel worse than i normaly do so i have energy and i want to do things not just sit in the room all day. Well 2 days down at least 12 more to go

bananagirl

omg i so agree i hate isolation though i'm in isolation b/c of mrsa but i still think it is stupid cuz i see people every day and i go through the hospital when i come for checkups. Also it goes away but unless u dont have it for like 6 yrs yr still in isolation. one time i had been cleared for long enough and i was able to leave my room and it was way better. i also got my pfts the highest ever after being in the hospital and they let me leave early so i think being able to leave the room really helps you get better faster. unfortuatly it came back and so im stuck in isolation agian. i'm in the hospital right now and u no i have been here for 2 days and i'm pretty darn sick of these four walls. the worst part for me is that i don't even feel worse than i normaly do so i have energy and i want to do things not just sit in the room all day. Well 2 days down at least 12 more to go

bananagirl

bananagirl

bananagirl