Blocked Plumbing and Funny Stories......

SoyaSauce

This is am embarrassing topic here, but I am going to ask- sorry for the grossness...

Do any of you CFers on here have problems with toilets in your home/work / where ever you are in general?

I' ll be honest, probably out of ever 1-2 weeks, I am ALWAYS blocking my own toilet, I try everything, flush first, then the paper, flush, FLUSH AGAIN= I end up flushing the toilet probably 4-5 times til IT is gone or the toilet is working normally again.

Now, there is nothing ZERO wrong with my enzyme dosage, and my BM are 'normal', by CF stranded. It just they are always seem 'bigger' then normal ppl, but I guess its just CF??

I have had numerous toilet run in incidents, some very memorable ones included :

Time at my CF doctor routine appointment,- had to use the bathroom, and of course after i'm finished the toilet will not -DOES NOT- flush, fills, THEN FLOODS on the entire bathroom floor, and I come out and my Doctor is standing there in a pool of water.

Gym incident, I use the bathroom, it flushed ok, and I thought I was fine,- but then hear a gurgling nose when im at the sink washing my hands and water starts running out the sides, well lucky I left.....with a lady left watching.

Nice shopping day at Target, toilet flushes, then backs up the other toilets and they closed off the bathrooms!

At a friend houses, -flush and pray,(PRAYING) gurgles, closed the lid fast and leave and say a rushed goodbye to my friend,- because unfortunately they live in an upstairs and they can hear when you flush so I can only politely flush once for god-sakes.....

So tell me, do any of you guys get problems with plumbing/ toilets? Seriously ? I apologize for the grossness of it all, but hey, that is why this form is here, right? Its embarrassing!... :p

NoelA

lol! That's happened to us quite a few times! My little girl is a beautiful, shy, blue-eyed 7 yr old who has stools the size of a tree limb. We've actually had to get a STICK to break it up so that it would flush. She clogs up my in-laws toilets, our toilets at home, and my grandparents toilets. I quickly learned how to snake a toilet after she started using the potty. The person after her uses the bathroom and says "The toilet's clogged..." and I just KNOW it was her. I have never said anything to her and I don't think she has realized that the clogged toilets are "following her". I can't help but giggle a little when I'm plunging. It's not gross, just part of life :) Thanks for the laugh!

Unfortunately, it's not a toilet story, but I have horrible poop story. I went to visit family that I hadn't seen since I was a kid with my daughter. She was about 1.5 and hadn't been diagnosed yet. We were in Florida and she was wearing a swim diaper and running around drinking juice boxes for about an hour.

I went to pick her up, and the all familiar fatty mustard stool went ALL OVER ME AND HER. Luckily we were outside. We had a shower with the garden hose together. My relatives were visibally grossed out.

oh.. memories.